FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

facebook messenger chathead

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By vb_sven, Junior Member on 22nd June 2014, 08:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

Since the update to kitkat and emui 2.3 on my huawei ascend p6 i've been having problems with the chatheads off the facebook messenger app. When i receive a message there's a notification in the drop down menu, but no chathead is poping up on the screen. The only way to open it is trough the notificationbar. The settings are set on active so that isn't the problem! In the beginning i received a short message: messenger blocked to show dropzone...

Am i the only one facing this problem? And does somebody have a solution for it?

Take care!
 
 
24th June 2014, 10:22 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb_sven

Hi,

Since the update to kitkat and emui 2.3 on my huawei ascend p6 i've been having problems with the chatheads off the facebook messenger app. When i receive a message there's a notification in the drop down menu, but no chathead is poping up on the screen. The only way to open it is trough the notificationbar. The settings are set on active so that isn't the problem! In the beginning i received a short message: messenger blocked to show dropzone...

Am i the only one facing this problem? And does somebody have a solution for it?

Take care!


Have you tried restoring factory settings and reinstalling facebook messenger and other apps ?

It sounds like the pop up permissions may have been revoked during the update.
28th June 2014, 05:28 PM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb_sven

Hi,

Since the update to kitkat and emui 2.3 on my huawei ascend p6 i've been having problems with the chatheads off the facebook messenger app. When i receive a message there's a notification in the drop down menu, but no chathead is poping up on the screen. The only way to open it is trough the notificationbar. The settings are set on active so that isn't the problem! In the beginning i received a short message: messenger blocked to show dropzone...

Am i the only one facing this problem? And does somebody have a solution for it?

Take care!



Go to PhoneManager / Settings / Dropzone management and check ALL.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XDAvatar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th October 2014, 11:08 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDAvatar

Go to PhoneManager / Settings / Dropzone management and check ALL.

But its not there
im on android 4.4.2 kitkat emui2.3 b512
my viber, muxicxmatch, facebook messager shows the same error "viber is blocked from showing Dropbox"
plz help that method didnt work
19th October 2014, 03:11 PM |#5  
blueIBI's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
are you rooted?
if so..you have to edit the build.prop file on line with privacymode=false to true and in the line with delstartupmanager=true just remove the "del"..
the build.prop is found in ../system/
the do a restart and open the phonemanager again..on the second page there you should see two more options..
and in the general settings of the manager you should be able to configure the dropzone manager..
20th October 2014, 01:15 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueIBI

are you rooted?
if so..you have to edit the build.prop file on line with privacymode=false to true and in the line with delstartupmanager=true just remove the "del"..
the build.prop is found in ../system/
the do a restart and open the phonemanager again..on the second page there you should see two more options..
and in the general settings of the manager you should be able to configure the dropzone manager..

no. I have not rooted my phone is there any other way plz find out.n thank u

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millan85

Have you tried restoring factory settings and reinstalling facebook messenger and other apps ?

It sounds like the pop up permissions may have been revoked during the update.

there is no option of restoring factory setting ,there is only factory reset.I tried reinstalling nothing happened.
20th October 2014, 01:33 AM |#7  
blueIBI's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 75
 
More
actually there is no other method i know how to configure the dropzone..
13th November 2014, 02:19 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thumbs up drop app show or dropzone headchat messenger ?
first step go to your setting/mannage apps/ on the above setting you will see reset app preference and sort by size/ choose reset app preference to turn back all apps setting in a original setting and thats it your headchat its appear on your screen.. thank you!! take note this solution is according to my expirience on my huawei p7 but try to look reset app references im sure you have function like this. thanks!!
The Following User Says Thank You to yuemi143 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2014, 10:01 AM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
There is a method to activate dropzone. First your device must be rooted and ROM Toolbox Pro instaled. Than change ro.config.hw_privacymode=false to ro.config.hw_privacymode=true
17th November 2014, 09:29 AM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuemi143

first step go to your setting/mannage apps/ on the above setting you will see reset app preference and sort by size/ choose reset app preference to turn back all apps setting in a original setting and thats it your headchat its appear on your screen.. thank you!! take note this solution is according to my expirience on my huawei p7 but try to look reset app references im sure you have function like this. thanks!!

This worked for me I'm using huawei ascend p6 emui 2.3 b512 just try to do this it will work definitely

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06
The Following User Says Thank You to macklon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2015, 07:55 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Botosani
Thanks Meter: 34
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuemi143

first step go to your setting/mannage apps/ on the above setting you will see reset app preference and sort by size/ choose reset app preference to turn back all apps setting in a original setting and thats it your headchat its appear on your screen.. thank you!! take note this solution is according to my expirience on my huawei p7 but try to look reset app references im sure you have function like this. thanks!!

Omg it worked. I was trying for days to fix this. Thank you...
I also use CoolTool which has a hover panel and shows you different system information.
I too have a Huawei P7.
The Following User Says Thank You to klaudyuxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes