Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,643 Members 39,727 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Towelroot on kitkat 4.4.2 for Verizon note 2?

Tip us?
 
mrkirby31
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Liberty
Default Towelroot on kitkat 4.4.2 for Verizon note 2?

Has anyone been able to root their Verizon Note 2 i650 with towelroot since installing the new kitkat 4.4.2 update that just came out? I've tried several times with no luck ..just curious if there has been any success getting it to root?
The Following User Says Thank You to mrkirby31 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Cheapxj
Old
(Last edited by Cheapxj; 22nd June 2014 at 11:25 PM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 156
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Location: Location:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkirby31 View Post
Has anyone been able to root their Verizon Note 2 i650 with towelroot since installing the new kitkat 4.4.2 update that just came out? I've tried several times with no luck ..just curious if there has been any success getting it to root?
it worked on the ND3 build 4.3 I just bought used

I'm sorry you took one of verizon's latest updates... NC4 pretty much ruined my note 3 (made it bad enough that I wasn't sad when it got folded in half in my pocket by an armrest and severe turbulence a week ago)
Past devices:
HTC 8125, 8525, T-Mobile Wing, G1, MT3G, G2, Galaxy Tab, HD2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Fascinate, LG Revolution, XT926
N900V.07 & TF700 (Destroyed by USAirways)

Current devices:
SCH-i605 - Downgraded MJ9, Safestrap Beta + N3bula 3.9
MB870 - CM7 Beta, ol' faithful. only ever let me down once (6/21/14)
Acer C710 - Coreboot + Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Surface Pro - Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and some hardware hacks



USAirways must DIE. Boycott them.
 
mrkirby31
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Liberty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapxj View Post
it worked on the ND3 build 4.3 I just bought used

I'm sorry you took one of verizon's latest updates... NC4 pretty much ruined my note 3 (made it bad enough that I wasn't sad when it got folded in half in my pocket by an armrest and severe turbulence a week ago)
Mine has ND7 on 4.4 and it doesnt work
 
Cheapxj
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 156
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Location: Location:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkirby31 View Post
Mine has ND7 on 4.4 and it doesnt work
you must have USB debugging turned on.

it should work, however it WILL trip knox.

after it runs (it rebooted mine even though it said it wouldn't) you need to install Superuser from the play store and then update the SU binary to allow application access.

it has worked on EVERYTHING I've used it on thus far.
Past devices:
HTC 8125, 8525, T-Mobile Wing, G1, MT3G, G2, Galaxy Tab, HD2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Fascinate, LG Revolution, XT926
N900V.07 & TF700 (Destroyed by USAirways)

Current devices:
SCH-i605 - Downgraded MJ9, Safestrap Beta + N3bula 3.9
MB870 - CM7 Beta, ol' faithful. only ever let me down once (6/21/14)
Acer C710 - Coreboot + Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Surface Pro - Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and some hardware hacks



USAirways must DIE. Boycott them.
 
rchrdcrg
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 129
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Branson, MO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapxj View Post
you must have USB debugging turned on.

it should work, however it WILL trip knox.

after it runs (it rebooted mine even though it said it wouldn't) you need to install Superuser from the play store and then update the SU binary to allow application access.

it has worked on EVERYTHING I've used it on thus far.
I've been unable to get this to work either, and I've done just as you said. I hit the "make it rain" button (with USB debugging enabled), and it reboots about a second later, but supersu confirms I still don't have root. It also locked up my Tegra Note 7, though I didn't know about USB debugging then, so I may try that again.
 
cpomike13
Old
#6  
cpomike13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 270
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: La Habra Ca.

 
DONATE TO ME
Its time for stupid question time, where is the debugging on verizon KitKat?
[CENTER]Verizon Galaxy Note 2
[CENTER] Stock KitKat
 
manbat
Old
(Last edited by manbat; 29th June 2014 at 06:11 PM.)
#7  
manbat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 177
Posts: 611
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Tap android build number in settings about 8 times. Developer options will show up in list. It's there.

Sent from my SCH-I605 / Galaxy Note 2 / JB 4.3 / Unlocked, Rooted, ROMed and AGNi-fied !!... using Tapatalk v 2.4.13
manbat

Samsung Galaxy Note II / Unlocked, Rooted and ROMed / JB 4.3
.........and
HTC / ReZound / S-OFF and Rooted / ICS 4.0.3 / 4.05.605.14 71ORD /....
.........and
Samsung Tab 3, 7 Tablet / Rooted / TWRP Recovery
.........and
(RETIRED) HTC / Touch Pro 2 / Mr. X Fixed Verizon MR2 ROM / WM6.5 / Sense 2.5 / Co0kies Home Tab v1.8.5 / WiMoSpeed v1.07


If I helped, please hit the "THANKS" button.
The Following User Says Thank You to manbat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cpomike13
Old
#8  
cpomike13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 270
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: La Habra Ca.

 
DONATE TO ME
I got the developer options opened (thanks), but towelroot still doesn't work. Anyone else report this?
[CENTER]Verizon Galaxy Note 2
[CENTER] Stock KitKat
 
TonikJDK
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 114
Join Date: Dec 2012
It's not going to work. We have a different kernel. It's like trying to exploit a Mac with a Windows vulnerability.
The Following User Says Thank You to TonikJDK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cpomike13
Old
#10  
cpomike13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 270
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: La Habra Ca.

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonikJDK View Post
It's not going to work. We have a different kernel. It's like trying to exploit a Mac with a Windows vulnerability.
How come many other Sammys are rooting with this method? Note 3s, S3,4,and 5s. Are we the only ones with the different Kernal?
[CENTER]Verizon Galaxy Note 2
[CENTER] Stock KitKat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more

Organize Your Cloud Storage Files with Unclouded

Cloud storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive have grown in popularity dramatically … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Blur Your System Notification Panel – XDA Developer TV

Listen, we love innovative applications and modules that … more

Android 4.4.3 Begins Rolling Out to European HTC One M8

Shortly after the USA Unlocked and Developer Editions of the HTC One M8 received the … more