Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bootloader says Tampered but I've never tampered it!

OP the_r_sole

20th June 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
So, can anyone help with this?
Phone can only get to bootloader and freezes at white screen if I try to start it...
20th June 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_r_sole

So, can anyone help with this?
Phone can only get to bootloader and freezes at white screen if I try to start it...

well, I got somewhere! went to htcdev to unlock the bootloader, once I did that it rebooted properly so apart from losing all my text messages and having to set up my emails it's all good!
21st June 2014, 02:56 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
have done some more reading and it seems like 1.56 hboot can't get s-off so I am in the ludicrous situation of not being able to get a completely stock phone to be a completely stock phone and get the OTA updates!!
21st June 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #14  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,377

3,582 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_r_sole

have done some more reading and it seems like 1.56 hboot can't get s-off so I am in the ludicrous situation of not being able to get a completely stock phone to be a completely stock phone and get the OTA updates!!

you can s-off using firewater for hboot 1.56, sometime it works, sometime it don't.

you can still have ota updates if you restore the missing files for ota and you flash back the stock recovery.

or some custom roms are always up-to-date and not much different from a stock rom look (i.e ARHD)

you can always send the phone to fonefunshop.com and have it s-off'ed via a java card. then you'll be able to do a full ruu
Last edited by alray; 21st June 2014 at 03:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Yeah, tried firewater a few times and it gave me the error saying that it will never work!
Went for ARHD which works fine, so will just stick with it for a while anyway
Cherrs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread