Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 46,952 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootloader says Tampered but I've never tampered it!

Tip us?

the_r_sole
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So, can anyone help with this?
Phone can only get to bootloader and freezes at white screen if I try to start it...

the_r_sole
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_r_sole View Post
So, can anyone help with this?
Phone can only get to bootloader and freezes at white screen if I try to start it...
well, I got somewhere! went to htcdev to unlock the bootloader, once I did that it rebooted properly so apart from losing all my text messages and having to set up my emails it's all good!

the_r_sole
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
have done some more reading and it seems like 1.56 hboot can't get s-off so I am in the ludicrous situation of not being able to get a completely stock phone to be a completely stock phone and get the OTA updates!!

alray
Old
(Last edited by alray; 21st June 2014 at 02:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,098

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_r_sole View Post
have done some more reading and it seems like 1.56 hboot can't get s-off so I am in the ludicrous situation of not being able to get a completely stock phone to be a completely stock phone and get the OTA updates!!
you can s-off using firewater for hboot 1.56, sometime it works, sometime it don't.

you can still have ota updates if you restore the missing files for ota and you flash back the stock recovery.

or some custom roms are always up-to-date and not much different from a stock rom look (i.e ARHD)

you can always send the phone to fonefunshop.com and have it s-off'ed via a java card. then you'll be able to do a full ruu
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

the_r_sole
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah, tried firewater a few times and it gave me the error saying that it will never work!
Went for ARHD which works fine, so will just stick with it for a while anyway
Cherrs