Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 48,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] There is no way to get to recovery mode

Tip us?
 
Aoi v1
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 44
Join Date: Aug 2012
Phone [Q] There is no way to get to recovery mode

So, I got an used Xperia ZL. The person who sold me this said he installed an international firmware, 4.3 and after installing SuperSU I noticed the device is rooted (and bootloader is locked). Now, I want to install a custom ROM but I cannot access Recovery mode! When phone starts there is no LED, pressing volume up does nothing, I installed Quick Boot, clicked restart on recovery but it does nothing. I even tried ADB boot recovery but the phone just restarts normally. What can I do?? I'm going crazy with this phone. Thanks for the help!
 
anagramgenius
Old
(Last edited by anagramgenius; 5th June 2014 at 09:19 AM.)
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 108
Posts: 351
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mysore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi v1 View Post
So, I got an used Xperia ZL. The person who sold me this said he installed an international firmware, 4.3 and after installing SuperSU I noticed the device is rooted (and bootloader is locked). Now, I want to install a custom ROM but I cannot access Recovery mode! When phone starts there is no LED, pressing volume up does nothing, I installed Quick Boot, clicked restart on recovery but it does nothing. I even tried ADB boot recovery but the phone just restarts normally. What can I do?? I'm going crazy with this phone. Thanks for the help!
you have to install custom recovery.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2261606
The Following User Says Thank You to anagramgenius For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
LimaBEERRE
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 19
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Brasília
Install XZDualRecovery, it is the only way

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Nexus 7 "flo" --> AOSB KitKat 4.4.2 KOT49H
Motorola Defy Red Lense "jordan" --> Quarx CM11 Kernel 2.6
Motorola Atrix "olympus" --> NottachTrix 2.3 (Broken touch screen, but still using it!)
Xperia ZQ C6503 "odin" --> Baseband unknown, at Sony warranty repair service
 
Aoi v1
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 44
Join Date: Aug 2012
Ah, thank you both. I got what the problem was, 'cause I installed recovery, then a new rom and lost recovery again xD Now i know, recovery needs to be installed every time something else is flashed. Thanks!
 
rayzaweirdooo
Old
#5  
rayzaweirdooo's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: malaysia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi v1 View Post
Ah, thank you both. I got what the problem was, 'cause I installed recovery, then a new rom and lost recovery again xD Now i know, recovery needs to be installed every time something else is flashed. Thanks!
Hey.... Share how to install recovery(noob method please). Im stuck too. Already tried many method. But, im still don't have recovery. Wasted 8 hours just trying to gets that mother F.

Sent from my C6502
 
anagramgenius
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 108
Posts: 351
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mysore
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzaweirdooo View Post
Hey.... Share how to install recovery(noob method please). Im stuck too. Already tried many method. But, im still don't have recovery. Wasted 8 hours just trying to gets that mother F.

Sent from my C6502
I already posted the link above. Go to that link and install xz dual recovery.
Xperia ZL
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more