Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] There is no way to get to recovery mode

OP Aoi v1

5th June 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

44 posts
So, I got an used Xperia ZL. The person who sold me this said he installed an international firmware, 4.3 and after installing SuperSU I noticed the device is rooted (and bootloader is locked). Now, I want to install a custom ROM but I cannot access Recovery mode! When phone starts there is no LED, pressing volume up does nothing, I installed Quick Boot, clicked restart on recovery but it does nothing. I even tried ADB boot recovery but the phone just restarts normally. What can I do?? I'm going crazy with this phone. Thanks for the help!
5th June 2014, 10:16 AM   |  #2  
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 178

501 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi v1

So, I got an used Xperia ZL. The person who sold me this said he installed an international firmware, 4.3 and after installing SuperSU I noticed the device is rooted (and bootloader is locked). Now, I want to install a custom ROM but I cannot access Recovery mode! When phone starts there is no LED, pressing volume up does nothing, I installed Quick Boot, clicked restart on recovery but it does nothing. I even tried ADB boot recovery but the phone just restarts normally. What can I do?? I'm going crazy with this phone. Thanks for the help!

you have to install custom recovery.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2261606
Last edited by anagramgenius; 5th June 2014 at 10:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to anagramgenius For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #3  
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
More
Install XZDualRecovery, it is the only way

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th June 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

44 posts
Ah, thank you both. I got what the problem was, 'cause I installed recovery, then a new rom and lost recovery again xD Now i know, recovery needs to be installed every time something else is flashed. Thanks!
22nd June 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #5  
malaysia
Thanks Meter: 4

41 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi v1

Ah, thank you both. I got what the problem was, 'cause I installed recovery, then a new rom and lost recovery again xD Now i know, recovery needs to be installed every time something else is flashed. Thanks!

Hey.... Share how to install recovery(noob method please). Im stuck too. Already tried many method. But, im still don't have recovery. Wasted 8 hours just trying to gets that mother F.

Sent from my C6502
22nd June 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #6  
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 178

501 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzaweirdooo

Hey.... Share how to install recovery(noob method please). Im stuck too. Already tried many method. But, im still don't have recovery. Wasted 8 hours just trying to gets that mother F.

Sent from my C6502

I already posted the link above. Go to that link and install xz dual recovery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread