Samsung Unpacked Coverage: All About the S6

more

Samsung Galaxy S6 Cameras

more

The Battery Behind the Samsung S6 and S6 Edge

more

Samsung S6 and S6 Edge Performance

more
Post Reply

Iconia A500 Ran Over what to retrieve files if possible..

OP Jason kiDD

9th June 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #1  
Jason kiDD's Avatar
OP Senior Member
NYC
Thanks Meter: 1
 
118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
So doing a favor for a friend that ran over his tablet by accident. (Dont ask)

Screen is smashed to bits of course however tablet can turn on and gets into APEX mode when plugged up to a PC. Can I retrieve pics off of internal memory or is everything all lost.

Any input is helpful thanks!!
10th June 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Shake City
Thanks Meter: 451
 
1,613 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
If u only have apx mode then perhaps not...if u hook up to yr pc can u not see the files with win explorer...the Acer drivers need to be installed tho

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
11th June 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
You can maybe use read/rawdeviceread to extract the data in APX mode, and then loopback mount the filesystem on a Linux system.
13th June 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 163
 
790 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason kiDD

So doing a favor for a friend that ran over his tablet by accident. (Dont ask)

Screen is smashed to bits of course however tablet can turn on and gets into APEX mode when plugged up to a PC. Can I retrieve pics off of internal memory or is everything all lost.

Any input is helpful thanks!!

If it will boot normally but the screen is smashed, then just hook it up to and HDMI monitor. Then you can move stuff to an SD card. If it also boots, you can just hook it up to a PC.
14th June 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #5  
Jason kiDD's Avatar
OP Senior Member
NYC
Thanks Meter: 1
 
118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eppeP

You can maybe use read/rawdeviceread to extract the data in APX mode, and then loopback mount the filesystem on a Linux system.

Is that a program. Where can I read more information on this?
15th June 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason kiDD

Is that a program. Where can I read more information on this?

These are arguments for nvflash.
You should be able to find some examples of how to use nvflash here on the forum.
23rd June 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Shake City
Thanks Meter: 451
 
1,613 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
If its just a smashed screen try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2786395

[Tool][Windows] control a device with a broken screen

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes