Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 37,777 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help!! : Shrinked lockscreen keypad after KitKat 4.4.2 upgrade.

Tip us?

swapnil_sahu
Old
(Last edited by swapnil_sahu; 9th May 2014 at 08:19 AM.) Reason: font size
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help!! : Shrinked lockscreen keypad after KitKat 4.4.2 upgrade.

Recently upgraded to 4.4.2 and found that lock screen keypad has shirnked. Rebooted many times but no help. Its really hard to key in the pin. Any alternate to override system lock screen. Tried installing 3rd party app but after unlocking it again asks for system lock screen to be unlocked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-08-16-52-47.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	2732133  

singhpratik87
Old
(Last edited by singhpratik87; 8th May 2014 at 01:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil_sahu View Post

Recently upgraded to 4.4.2 and found that lock screen keypad has shirnked. Rebooted many times but no help. Its really hard to key in the pin. Any alternate to override system lock screen. Tried installing 3rd party app but after unlocking it again asks for system lock screen to be unlocked.
It's not a bug that's what the new update brings.

edit: You said you had a hard time entering the pin i had to read your size 1 font like twice to make sure I read your statement right. Raise the font size of your post dude , just cause pin keypad is small you don't have to match it with your font size on here :P

swapnil_sahu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87 View Post
It's not a bug that's what the new update brings.

edit: You said you had a hard time entering the pin i had to read your size 1 font like twice to make sure I read your statement right. Raise the font size of your post dude , just cause pin keypad is small you don't have to match it with your font size on here :P
Lol, I posted that thread from my mobile and font size 1 seemed pretty big. Anywho, just edited my post.

So is there any workaround this bug/feature? Is there a way to get Kitkat default system lockscreen?
I am atleast entering my pins twice because of this small keypad

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1,580
Quote:
Lol, I posted that thread from my mobile and font size 1 seemed pretty big. Anywho, just edited my post.

So is there any workaround this bug/feature? Is there a way to get Kitkat default system lockscreen?
I am atleast entering my pins twice because of this small keypad
It's not a bug that's how Kitkat update has made it seem like and for now no alternatives are available

swapnil_sahu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87 View Post
It's not a bug that's how Kitkat update has made it seem like and for now no alternatives are available
Well it doesnt matter any more now, I was pick-pocketed this morning and I have lost my note 2 forever

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1,580
Quote:
Well it doesnt matter any more now, I was pick-pocketed this morning and I have lost my note 2 forever
Oh no dude,that sucks big time. Sorry to hear

shahanovski
Old
(Last edited by shahanovski; 6th June 2014 at 03:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I noticed too and it is quite annoying. It does look like a bug even if it's intentional. I hope there'll be a way to get it back to how it was on 4.3 or hope they change it soon!

vagicle
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Yeah, I finally got around to upgrading from 4.1.2 & this is really irritating. I noticed the keypad is a completely sensible size on my brother's S5 - I wonder if there's a way to swap out the lockscreen APK for that one.