FORUMS

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more

Google Teaches You to Use Wear Gestures

Now that the Watch Urbane is out with the latest firmware, we have new information regarding the … more

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Help!! : Shrinked lockscreen keypad after KitKat 4.4.2 upgrade.

8th May 2014, 12:41 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More

Recently upgraded to 4.4.2 and found that lock screen keypad has shirnked. Rebooted many times but no help. Its really hard to key in the pin. Any alternate to override system lock screen. Tried installing 3rd party app but after unlocking it again asks for system lock screen to be unlocked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-08-16-52-47.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	2732133  
Last edited by swapnil_sahu; 9th May 2014 at 08:19 AM. Reason: font size
 
 
8th May 2014, 01:19 PM |#2  
singhpratik87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,751
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil_sahu


Recently upgraded to 4.4.2 and found that lock screen keypad has shirnked. Rebooted many times but no help. Its really hard to key in the pin. Any alternate to override system lock screen. Tried installing 3rd party app but after unlocking it again asks for system lock screen to be unlocked.

It's not a bug that's what the new update brings.

edit: You said you had a hard time entering the pin i had to read your size 1 font like twice to make sure I read your statement right. Raise the font size of your post dude , just cause pin keypad is small you don't have to match it with your font size on here :P
Last edited by singhpratik87; 8th May 2014 at 01:21 PM.
9th May 2014, 08:23 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87

It's not a bug that's what the new update brings.

edit: You said you had a hard time entering the pin i had to read your size 1 font like twice to make sure I read your statement right. Raise the font size of your post dude , just cause pin keypad is small you don't have to match it with your font size on here :P

Lol, I posted that thread from my mobile and font size 1 seemed pretty big. Anywho, just edited my post.

So is there any workaround this bug/feature? Is there a way to get Kitkat default system lockscreen?
I am atleast entering my pins twice because of this small keypad
9th May 2014, 08:29 AM |#4  
singhpratik87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,751
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil_sahu

Lol, I posted that thread from my mobile and font size 1 seemed pretty big. Anywho, just edited my post.

So is there any workaround this bug/feature? Is there a way to get Kitkat default system lockscreen?
I am atleast entering my pins twice because of this small keypad

It's not a bug that's how Kitkat update has made it seem like and for now no alternatives are available
14th May 2014, 10:11 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87

It's not a bug that's how Kitkat update has made it seem like and for now no alternatives are available

Well it doesnt matter any more now, I was pick-pocketed this morning and I have lost my note 2 forever
14th May 2014, 12:14 PM |#6  
singhpratik87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,751
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnil_sahu

Well it doesnt matter any more now, I was pick-pocketed this morning and I have lost my note 2 forever

Oh no dude,that sucks big time. Sorry to hear
6th June 2014, 03:41 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I noticed too and it is quite annoying. It does look like a bug even if it's intentional. I hope there'll be a way to get it back to how it was on 4.3 or hope they change it soon!
Last edited by shahanovski; 6th June 2014 at 03:45 PM.
22nd June 2014, 11:53 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Yeah, I finally got around to upgrading from 4.1.2 & this is really irritating. I noticed the keypad is a completely sensible size on my brother's S5 - I wonder if there's a way to swap out the lockscreen APK for that one.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes