Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 43,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] s-off on Hboot 2.49 firewater problem

Tip us?

misterk267
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Strange. It might just not be possible on the latest firmware. Most s-off methods seems to work better if you've already unlocked the bootloader. But with the VZW model, you need to get s-off before unlocking bootloader, which I think might be a big reason why people have so much trouble with vzw s-off. I'm not too familiar with HTC, is there an official way to roll back the firmware without s-off?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

G_O_N
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterk267 View Post
Strange. It might just not be possible on the latest firmware. Most s-off methods seems to work better if you've already unlocked the bootloader. But with the VZW model, you need to get s-off before unlocking bootloader, which I think might be a big reason why people have so much trouble with vzw s-off. I'm not too familiar with HTC, is there an official way to roll back the firmware without s-off?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
i was looking for RUUs but I dont think it might be possible and i dont want to brick it lol, i also tried going to htcdev to unlock but said model not supported , now if i could dp that, that would be great to rollback