Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,239 Members 49,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Made a mistake, will pay someone to help me fix. {Fixed}

Tip us?

jb0nd38372
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnjalal View Post
Yes ap/pda for the whole rom, cp for modem, bl for bootloader

Good luck
Sent you A PM, you fixed it, Just need your PayPal address. Do you have any ideas why I can't flash other roms? X-Note got me in this mess, and from what I understand it's supposedly a great rom.

jb0nd38372
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Default You fixed it!!!!

Quote:
Yes ap/pda for the whole rom, cp for modem, bl for bootloader

Good luck
PM Sent, your $100 is waiting.

ciribic
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Easy with the money and carefully with flashing.

Yes, put it in pda, make sure that only auto reboot and f.reset time are checked, nothing else. Modem is included in the rom. If you are flashing only modem you put it in phone field. The thing is I'm not sure You'll be able to go back to old modem after you flash this one (NE3), when I tried flashing my old modem it messed up things, and flashing whole older ROM would skip flashing modem because it would detect newer already there.

Put your phone in download mode (make sure that battery is at least 60%)
Start Odin and open tar file in pda, wait a minute or two till md5 is checked when it says it's checked an ok connect your phone. I'll assume you installed samsung drivers previously. Wait a few moments here because windows might install drivers (if you have never connected your phone while in dl mode). Now there shoud be device added in ID:COM field in Odin and it should be blue/green. now you can press start.

Bnjalal
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb0nd38372 View Post
PM Sent, your $100 is waiting.
Sir i believe that @ciribic is the one who suggested to download the ne4 singapore stock international rom and i replied instead of him on which selection to choose in odin please verify that as i dont want to take credit on other persons work
And please accept my apologies if I caused any confusion as i was only trying to help you through the process in any means possible
The Following User Says Thank You to Bnjalal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jb0nd38372
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Default Sorry

Quote:
Sir i believe that @ciribic is the one who suggested to download the ne4 singapore stock international rom and i replied instead of him on which selection to choose in odin please verify that as i dont want to take credit on other persons work
And please accept my apologies if I caused any confusion as i was only trying to help you through the process in any means possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciribic View Post

You both helped me. I am thankful to have it back up and working. I don't understand why on my Note 1 (AT&T locked), I was able to flash every rom on that forum with no issues; Every Rom on this forum gives me BAD issues, could I have got a bad phone or something? (It was new in box, ordered from Newegg.com), but could it be defective somehow?

Bnjalal
Old
Thanks Meter 5
@ciribic I sent you a PM,
OP allow me to clear any misunderstanding with fellow members and please give all credit to him as I did nothing

now back to your question , you probably flashed roms based on recent stock TW roms and those require you to be on recent bootloaders and modems, reason for this difference is that rom builders take into consideration that the user does not want to trip his KNOX flag and may use other methods to flash the rom without using custom recovories like TWRP/CWM (ex mobile odin, safestrap) so most custom roms come without modems and bootloaders and if you unzip the x-note rom you will see that there are no bootloaders and modems included if im not mistaken
Now to get rid of any OCD related to the your device whether its faulty or not, try flashing back x-note <after> you make a complete backup in TWRP(my personal favorite) and im 95% sure that you will not have these issues anymore

jb0nd38372
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I flashed singapore (NE4) stock rom (supposed to be international) from sammobile. After that, when I tried to go back to older modem my imei would be unknown, sound was messed up, and dialer would take a long time to start, but after flashing singapore modem back my imei would be there again.
It looks like that samsung is trying to block flashing of older versions of anything... Try that singapore rom (which is almost the latest available, and should flash latest everything bl, pda, csc, phone) and see if it works.
Quote:

Yes, put it in pda, make sure that only auto reboot and f.reset time are checked, nothing else. Modem is included in the rom. If you are flashing only modem you put it in phone field. The thing is I'm not sure You'll be able to go back to old modem after you flash this one (NE3), when I tried flashing my old modem it messed up things, and flashing whole older ROM would skip flashing modem because it would detect newer already there.

Put your phone in download mode (make sure that battery is at least 60%)
Start Odin and open tar file in pda, wait a minute or two till md5 is checked when it says it's checked an ok connect your phone. I'll assume you installed samsung drivers previously. Wait a few moments here because windows might install drivers (if you have never connected your phone while in dl mode). Now there shoud be device added in ID:COM field in Odin and it should be blue/green. now you can press start.
Quote:
@ciribic I sent you a PM,
OP allow me to clear any misunderstanding with fellow members and please give all credit to him as I did nothing

now back to your question , you probably flashed roms based on recent stock TW roms and those require you to be on recent bootloaders and modems, reason for this difference is that rom builders take into consideration that the user does not want to trip his KNOX flag and may use other methods to flash the rom without using custom recovories like TWRP/CWM (ex mobile odin, safestrap) so most custom roms come without modems and bootloaders and if you unzip the x-note rom you will see that there are no bootloaders and modems included if im not mistaken
Now to get rid of any OCD related to the your device whether its faulty or not, try flashing back x-note <after> you make a complete backup in TWRP(my personal favorite) and im 95% sure that you will not have these issues anymore
Making that Twirp Backup as I type this, got an SD card just for that purpose now. TBH, I could care less about warranty because it won't cover Water damage, drops, misuse and that's where 99% of my past problems have happened. Knox is annoying to no end, I just got through running System Uninstaller to pull all the knox libraries / apk's and modules out.

I think i'll just stick a better optimized / open kernel on it and launcher, and call it quits. I'm 42, after these past 2 days, I feel 82.

Bnjalal
Old
Thanks Meter 5
good decision and hope u enjoy your new phone