Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 50,007 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help with bootloader needed

Tip us?

tshaulis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default help with bootloader needed

hi guys im new to this but am catching on some what quick but ive got a stumble on my hands. so i've rooted my phone through towelroot successfully. now im trying to load a custom rom but cant access my boot loader. when i try to access it with the button combo it gives me a kernel error and say something like system doesn't allow this process, something like that. so i was wondering if someone knows the right way to unlock my boot loader, or tell me how to figure out if mine is updated too far and they have patched it. thank you

my phone
model - samsung sgh-i337
version - 4.2.2
baseband - i337ucufnc1
kernel - 3.4.0-1125940
build - kot49h.i337ucufnc1

RK
Old
Thanks Meter 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshaulis View Post
hi guys im new to this but am catching on some what quick but ive got a stumble on my hands. so i've rooted my phone through towelroot successfully. now im trying to load a custom rom but cant access my boot loader. when i try to access it with the button combo it gives me a kernel error and say something like system doesn't allow this process, something like that. so i was wondering if someone knows the right way to unlock my boot loader, or tell me how to figure out if mine is updated too far and they have patched it. thank you

my phone
model - samsung sgh-i337
version - 4.2.2
baseband - i337ucufnc1
kernel - 3.4.0-1125940
build - kot49h.i337ucufnc1

your bootloader can not be unlocked. You can not use a custom recovery. The only thing you can do is to use safestrap and ROMs compatible with safestrap.

Search this forum for Hashcode's safestrap thread and read the whole thing and then decide if you want to do it.

tshaulis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RK View Post
your bootloader can not be unlocked. You can not use a custom recovery. The only thing you can do is to use safestrap and ROMs compatible with safestrap.

Search this forum for Hashcode's safestrap thread and read the whole thing and then decide if you want to do it.

actually im trying safestrap right now and i've installed it and it says successfully installed but my status is still inactive and when i tried rebooting to booloader it still says it wont allow it. its like the other one i installed is still on there and i cant write over it, do you know where i could find it and delete it? I'm pretty sure thats my problem is that i have the other one is whats stopping me from going any further.