[Q] i9505 Only Charges when OFF

Search This thread

yurividal

May 3, 2008
London
Hey guys, since yesterday, my i9505 only charges when it is off.

When it is on, nothing happens. When it is on, if i connect the USB to the PC it also does not charge nor recognize any device (not even listed in "lsusb"). The connector is fine, because when i connect a USB OTG cable, and a USB stick, it mounts normally.

Also, from recovery and from Download mode, i am able to use USB cable connected to pc. So, problem is not with the connector.

I have flashed back to Stock, un-rooted, from ODIN. Still does not charge when is on.

It only charges when the phone is off. (Shows the battery icon, with a circle in the middle).

Also, i have tried annother battery too, and different chargers.

Any ideas?

Does not seem to be battery, does not seem to be software, does not seem to be connector, and does not seem to be charger.

m466e

Nov 6, 2010
I have the same problem. Got it when going from 4.2.2 stock to 4.4.2 Pac rom.
Going back to 4.2.2 stock did not solve the problem :(
Any ideas anybody?

ZenMax

Mar 28, 2013
Lithuania
Hey guys, since yesterday, my i9505 only charges when it is off.

When it is on, nothing happens. When it is on, if i connect the USB to the PC it also does not charge nor recognize any device (not even listed in "lsusb"). The connector is fine, because when i connect a USB OTG cable, and a USB stick, it mounts normally.

Also, from recovery and from Download mode, i am able to use USB cable connected to pc. So, problem is not with the connector.

I have flashed back to Stock, un-rooted, from ODIN. Still does not charge when is on.

It only charges when the phone is off. (Shows the battery icon, with a circle in the middle).

Also, i have tried annother battery too, and different chargers.

Any ideas?

Does not seem to be battery, does not seem to be software, does not seem to be connector, and does not seem to be charger.

Mine was doing the same :) I changed charging port on my s4 and problem was solved :)

yurividal

May 3, 2008
London
Yeap!

I changed the charging port too, and it solved.
It was actually very easy to change. I bought the part, and watched a Youtube video showing how to open the device..

Very strange, that it charged when the phone was off..

anyways,

it solved. I noticed that my original OEM charger with original OEM cable is only charging the phone with max 480mA... while, when i use my Tablet charger it charges up to 1500mA...

I know it should be going up to 1900mA or even 2A... but, it is not happening.

Maybe my charger is also faulty

at least it is charging now... =D

Last edited:

yurividal

May 3, 2008
London
Last edited: