Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,463 Members 39,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Choose a Google account to use with "Forgot pattern?"?

Tip us?

TimeAndroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default [Q] Choose a Google account to use with "Forgot pattern?"?

I have two Google accounts added to my Android device but I don't want one to be able to be used in "Forgot pattern?" because the password is weaker. How can I just use my one Google account with a stronger password without having to remove the one with a weaker password?

TimeAndroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
bump

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAndroid View Post
I have two Google accounts added to my Android device but I don't want one to be able to be used in "Forgot pattern?" because the password is weaker. How can I just use my one Google account with a stronger password without having to remove the one with a weaker password?
i think it defaults to the primary email, and i have never seen a way to change that.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here

TimeAndroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
i think it defaults to the primary email, and i have never seen a way to change that.
How do I set primary email? How do I know which email is primary?

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 576
Quote:
How do I set primary email? How do I know which email is primary?
there is no way to set it on any phone i have owned. the primary is the first account you put in when you set it up new or after a full wipe.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here

TimeAndroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
there is no way to set it on any phone i have owned. the primary is the first account you put in when you set it up new or after a full wipe.
No offense but I believe that is incorrect. When I forgot my pattern I used the account I added after the "Primary email" and it worked.

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 576
Quote:
No offense but I believe that is incorrect. When I forgot my pattern I used the account I added after the "Primary email" and it worked.
none taken,
i have never use a lock, therefore never forgot it. i was just going off the fact that i have owned a dozen smart phones and never saw an option to set one vs the other.

sorry i couldnt be of more help.