Touchscreen weirdness

19th June 2014, 06:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

92 posts
On some rare occasion, when I turn on my phone the touch screen works and it let me unlock the phone but every time I get into the home screen the touch screen stops working. When I press the home screen the home button the touch screen works again. Then I turn the phone off and on again same thing happen. Restart and it works back normally. Is this a software issue with kitkat or is this a hardware problem? I am on stock rom. I hope someone know the answer to this weirdness or maybe I don't know something. Thanks.
22nd June 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dover, Delaware
Thanks Meter: 6

31 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfl12

On some rare occasion, when I turn on my phone the touch screen works and it let me unlock the phone but every time I get into the home screen the touch screen stops working. When I press the home screen the home button the touch screen works again. Then I turn the phone off and on again same thing happen. Restart and it works back normally. Is this a software issue with kitkat or is this a hardware problem? I am on stock rom. I hope someone know the answer to this weirdness or maybe I don't know something. Thanks.

i get the same thing once in awhile. ever since KitKat. and i'm on a custom ROM to me its almost as if the phone is in some kind of wait state and i have to "kick" it to get it going. I've seen other in my ROM's forum talk of it. so now i know its not just our custom ROM, sounds like a KitKat thing..
23rd June 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

92 posts
Thanks. "Wait state" reminds me of finite state machine. Glad this isn't a hardware issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread