Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,005 Members 38,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touchscreen weirdness

Tip us?

hfl12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Touchscreen weirdness

On some rare occasion, when I turn on my phone the touch screen works and it let me unlock the phone but every time I get into the home screen the touch screen stops working. When I press the home screen the home button the touch screen works again. Then I turn the phone off and on again same thing happen. Restart and it works back normally. Is this a software issue with kitkat or is this a hardware problem? I am on stock rom. I hope someone know the answer to this weirdness or maybe I don't know something. Thanks.

cyberweasal
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfl12 View Post
On some rare occasion, when I turn on my phone the touch screen works and it let me unlock the phone but every time I get into the home screen the touch screen stops working. When I press the home screen the home button the touch screen works again. Then I turn the phone off and on again same thing happen. Restart and it works back normally. Is this a software issue with kitkat or is this a hardware problem? I am on stock rom. I hope someone know the answer to this weirdness or maybe I don't know something. Thanks.
i get the same thing once in awhile. ever since KitKat. and i'm on a custom ROM to me its almost as if the phone is in some kind of wait state and i have to "kick" it to get it going. I've seen other in my ROM's forum talk of it. so now i know its not just our custom ROM, sounds like a KitKat thing..
CyBeRWeaSaL

Sprint Galaxy s4
running Negalite WondeROM X
KT-SGS4 KitKat kernel

"Eagles may soar but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"

hfl12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Thanks. "Wait state" reminds me of finite state machine. Glad this isn't a hardware issue.