Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,426 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trying to sideload an apk from NSZ-GS7. Can my rooted device be helpful to us?

Tip us?

mattgyver83
Old
(Last edited by mattgyver83; 22nd June 2014 at 04:01 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Location: I live on the right side of the USA, left if your upside down.
Default Trying to sideload an apk from NSZ-GS7. Can my rooted device be helpful to us?

In summary I am not a developer just an android enthusiast with a very good understanding of the rooting/modding side of the community on multiple devices. I am trying to side load some apk's from my rooted Sony nsz-gs7 to the firetv in hope to get the IP Bluetooth remote (NSG-MR5U) to work with it but that's aside the point as there is already a thread on that.

When trying to install any of the apk's from that device I get "INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY" and I was hopeful that someone with a bit more knowledge here could help me deduce how I can determine what shared libraries its missing. Maybe someone can shed some light on something I can look into to try and move forward. I might just be trying to make the impossible happen.

The other part of this post is I am curious seeing as I do have root access to the NSZ-GS7 and its IMO one of the few decent google tv devices out there with root is there anything on there that could be beneficial for future fireTV developers, such as information related to the search subsystem, default launcher, etc. It would be neat to see if maybe some of the NSZ-GS7's functionality could be ported over easily. Maybe not but I wanted to extend the offer since I may be one of the few that have it. Thanks for everything you guys are doing, things are shaping up nicely on our fireTV's!
---
this message will self-destruct.

kairnage
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgyver83 View Post
In summary I am not a developer just an android enthusiast with a very good understanding of the rooting/modding side of the community on multiple devices. I am trying to side load some apk's from my rooted Sony nsz-gs7 to the firetv in hope to get the IP Bluetooth remote (NSG-MR5U) to work with it but that's aside the point as there is already a thread on that.

When trying to install any of the apk's from that device I get "INSTALL_FAILED_MISSING_SHARED_LIBRARY" and I was hopeful that someone with a bit more knowledge here could help me deduce how I can determine what shared libraries its missing. Maybe someone can shed some light on something I can look into to try and move forward. I might just be trying to make the impossible happen.

The other part of this post is I am curious seeing as I do have root access to the NSZ-GS7 and its IMO one of the few decent google tv devices out there with root is there anything on there that could be beneficial for future fireTV developers, such as information related to the search subsystem, default launcher, etc. It would be neat to see if maybe some of the NSZ-GS7's functionality could be ported over easily. Maybe not but I wanted to extend the offer since I may be one of the few that have it. Thanks for everything you guys are doing, things are shaping up nicely on our fireTV's!
I think it generically means you are missing part of the Google api or an associated apk. Have you added anything yet like google services framework?

Luxferro
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Also, do NSZ-GS7 even run at least jellybean? if not that's one of your main issues. Most GTV apps prior to jellybean are totally different than normal android.

mattgyver83
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Location: I live on the right side of the USA, left if your upside down.
I finally figured out the deal with the missing libraries and now just have to troubleshoot a new issue with "INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT" which I'll chase down. Looks like the nsz-gs7 runs honeycomb 3.2 so not sure what that will mean in the long run but I'll keep fooling around with it while I still care. Thanks for the info so far.
---
this message will self-destruct.