FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Thread Deleted Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've been through the "Building Your First App" tutorial up to sending text from a textbox to another ViewGroup. I have lots of experience with C++, C#, VB.net and even some PHP/html/css. Almost entirely learned on my own. But man, this stuff is rough. For once I am very intimidated by learning this.

I want to make an app that simply samples the accelerometer values, stores them to an array then does some math with the resulting values. I don't even care to graph it or anything, I just want to do math and display some outputs. A single ViewGroup is fine, nothing fancy.

What kinds of tutorials can I look at to cut to the chase here? How should I be using arrays? How can I create a loop, is there like a timer event or should I just use a while loop? How can I sample the accelerometer?

I'm not entirely sure I want to invest the time required to be proficient at android java, I know that's a lame attitude to have but I actually really need this app and I am thinking it shouldn't be too complicated beyond creating a simple app. So I was hoping to be guided to the particular instructions/tutorials to do these few things.
Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)