Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,492 Members 39,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SIM Unlock LG G Pad 8.3 VK810 Verizon to AT&T

Tip us?
 
Skizzy034
Old
#11  
Skizzy034's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 906
Posts: 4,645
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Amsterdam, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttn1185 View Post
Thx for the tip. The tablet is set to LTE mode and since T-Mobile LTE has the same band with Verizon LTE. It definitely works on T-Mobile.

For AT&T, no luck even if rooted. I used Radio Switcher app to go to the Tablet Info in Testing Mode. But it displays error message "This application does not work on this device".
I rooted and popped in an AT&T sim card and it let's me put in the APN fine.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77
 
ttn1185
Old
#12  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 33
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzy034 View Post
I rooted and popped in an AT&T sim card and it let's me put in the APN fine.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
But that is not my problem. The tablet doesn't pick up AT&T signal
 
paperWastage
Old
(Last edited by paperWastage; 22nd June 2014 at 04:30 PM.)
#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 361
Posts: 746
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttn1185 View Post
But that is not my problem. The tablet doesn't pick up AT&T signal
Easy...

Vk810 supports lte bands 4(aws) and 13 (700mhz block c), bands that Verizon uses

T-Mobile uses band 4 for lte mainly, will use band 2 (1900) and 12 (700 MHz block a) in the future as well. Vk810 will work on T-Mobile wherever tmobile has LTE right now (with band 4)

Att uses band 4, 2 (1900), 17(700mhz block b) and 30(2300mhz). Vk810 will only work on att if at uses band 4. If att only used band 2 in your area, your att phone (which supports band 2) will show LTE, but vk810 won't work

I don't know if there is a map showing which bands att uses in your area. There is a spectrum map showing who owns which band in which region, but no guarantee that att has active cell sites

http://specmap.sequence-omega.net
Current Device:
Oppo Find 5 - experimental kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to paperWastage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jlanderos93
Old
#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default Tmobile sim on verizon g pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
I have installed a T-Mobile SIM card in my LG GPad 8.3 LTE so I could get the free gig of data they offer existing customers. It worked without rooting. All I did was add a new APN with the proper T-Mobile settings and I was able to surf. Did it right there at the T-Mobile store with the rep to verify it would work before I added the data line to my account.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app



How were you able to set up up the G Pad with the tmobile sim ? I went to the tmobile store and they were not able to get service running. What settings did you use ? Any help would be appreciated.
 
paperWastage
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 361
Posts: 746
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlanderos93 View Post
How were you able to set up up the G Pad with the tmobile sim ? I went to the tmobile store and they were not able to get service running. What settings did you use ? Any help would be appreciated.
you need to insert sim, reboot device (it'll prompt you to)

then you need to add the t-mobile APNs to the device

the settings below should work

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2240233
Current Device:
Oppo Find 5 - experimental kernel
 
mrgj
Old
#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 19
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperWastage View Post
you need to insert sim, reboot device (it'll prompt you to)

then you need to add the t-mobile APNs to the device

the settings below should work

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2240233
I see people here say this tablet is unlocked. I rooted & inserted an at&t sim, but not working. It shows a greyed out singnal bar and a circle next to it. Then I edited build.prop ro.build.target_operator=VZN to OPEN. Now the circle is gone leaving a greyed out signal bar with small red x above it. I'm on 4.2.2. Can someone elaborate?
 
paperWastage
Old
#17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 361
Posts: 746
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgj View Post
I see people here say this tablet is unlocked. I rooted & inserted an at&t sim, but not working. It shows a greyed out singnal bar and a circle next to it. Then I edited build.prop ro.build.target_operator=VZN to OPEN. Now the circle is gone leaving a greyed out signal bar with small red x above it. I'm on 4.2.2. Can someone elaborate?
what region/location are you in?

believe that circle = battery indicator, not network indicator.... full circle = 100% battery, otherwise not 100% battery
Current Device:
Oppo Find 5 - experimental kernel
 
jlczl
Old
#18  
jlczl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 889
Join Date: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgj View Post
I see people here say this tablet is unlocked. I rooted & inserted an at&t sim, but not working. It shows a greyed out singnal bar and a circle next to it. Then I edited build.prop ro.build.target_operator=VZN to OPEN. Now the circle is gone leaving a greyed out signal bar with small red x above it. I'm on 4.2.2. Can someone elaborate?
I'm not sure if this works on at&t. Mine is working on T-Mobile. All I did was insert the T-Mobile SIM and APN settings for it to work.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Verizon HTC One "BB Blue"
Sony Xperia Z
Galaxy Note 2 running Jedi ROM
iPad Mini with Retina Display
Galaxy Note 10.1
Asus Nexus 7
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Nokia 520
HTC Flyer
iPad 2 16gb WiFi version

Verizon, AirVoice Wireless and T-Mobile Value
 
paperWastage
Old
#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 361
Posts: 746
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
I'm not sure if this works on at&t. Mine is working on T-Mobile. All I did was insert the T-Mobile SIM and APN settings for it to work.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
as I said before...

this device is unlocked... it accepts any SIMs, and works w/ any band 4/13 network

AT&T's network accept any device that's approved for GSM/LTE spec, and compatible with their band 2/4/17/30 network.

AT&T doesn't have band 4 everywhere.. for example, no band 4 in nyc region.... this device won't work on at&t in nyc
Current Device:
Oppo Find 5 - experimental kernel
 
jlczl
Old
#20  
jlczl's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 184
Posts: 889
Join Date: Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperWastage View Post
as I said before...

this device is unlocked... it accepts any SIMs, and works w/ any band 4/13 network

AT&T's network accept any device that's approved for GSM/LTE spec, and compatible with their band 2/4/17/30 network.

AT&T doesn't have band 4 everywhere.. for example, no band 4 in nyc region.... this device won't work on at&t in nyc
LOL, I know it's unlocked. I'm using it on T-Mobile without a problem. And yes, I read your previous post. I was just answering what I personally know firsthand.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Verizon HTC One "BB Blue"
Sony Xperia Z
Galaxy Note 2 running Jedi ROM
iPad Mini with Retina Display
Galaxy Note 10.1
Asus Nexus 7
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Nokia 520
HTC Flyer
iPad 2 16gb WiFi version

Verizon, AirVoice Wireless and T-Mobile Value

Tags
lg g pad 8.3, sim unlock, sim unlock lte, vk810
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more