Sony Encouraging SmartWatch 2 Development

Mobile device companies like selling devices–it’s how they make their money and … more

Easily Toggles Your Lollipop Mobile Data Network Type

Android Lollipop is by good margin the most advanced and refinedversion of … more

Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] BusyBox and SU

OP pulkitjeel

23rd June 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
90 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Can we install BusyBox and SuperSU both on the NC1 AT&T S4 after rooting it with the towelroot? I want to use some features of secure settings which requires busybox.

Thanks
23rd June 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #2  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,779
 
10,815 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulkitjeel

Can we install BusyBox and SuperSU both on the NC1 AT&T S4 after rooting it with the towelroot? I want to use some features of secure settings which requires busybox.

Thanks

I know you can install supersu and I assume you can install busybox.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd June 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
90 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

I know you can install supersu and I assume you can install busybox.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app

I meant both at the same time.
23rd June 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #4  
jd1639's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,779
 
10,815 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulkitjeel

I meant both at the same time.

I know, I assume you can. I don't know why not. You can on other devices. I just have not done it on the i337

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd June 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
90 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

I know, I assume you can. I don't know why not. You can on other devices. I just have not done it on the i337

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app


I just had a concern regarding the same binaries conflict.. but if it works on different devices.. then i guess it should work on S4 too.

Thanks
23rd June 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 172
 
715 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulkitjeel

I just had a concern regarding the same binaries conflict.. but if it works on different devices.. then i guess it should work on S4 too.

Thanks

I have both installed on mine and I'm on NC1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd June 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 194
 
461 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulkitjeel

I just had a concern regarding the same binaries conflict.. but if it works on different devices.. then i guess it should work on S4 too.

Thanks

Busybox and supersu handle separate functionalities. Busybox provides Linux utilities that applications/user can use. Super user is used to manage root requests from applications.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes