[Q] Authenticity & Blacklisted???

OP xPSYB0RGx

23rd June 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

91 posts
Hi, I have a few questions:

1) How do you check the authenticity of the S5? What I mean is to make sure I have not acquired one of those cheap rip off's that look like a gs5, feel like one, but in reality that is NOT one...cloned gs5 with inferior quality in other words?

2) How can I check to see if the phone is blacklisted WITHOUT a sim card?

3) How do I check to see if its region locked or carrier locked?

I've browsed through 10 PAGES looking for info that I have not came across yet, which is why Im posting it here.

Edit: I also need to know how to check if the bootloader is locked as well.
Last edited by xPSYB0RGx; 23rd June 2014 at 01:13 AM.
23rd June 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 912

3,121 posts
More
1. You really never know. You would need to see it in person.

2. Plug the IMEI into swappa.com to see the status.

3. You can't unless you have it in person and test another SIM card.

4. The bootloader is unlocked for all G900T phones. No way to lock it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

91 posts
I have the G900T in person...any idea's for what I need to look for?

Having an unlocked bootloader is what every one prefer to have, correct? I forgot why its important to have an unlocked bootloader...haven't touched this subject since the Evo lite came out (one with keyboard)

Will any sim card from any network work? Or would it need to be another sim card from T-Mo? Actually I need to brush up my understandings on sim cards as well, I've never owned a phone that required a sim card. Looks like I already have my work cut out for me, a whole lot of damn reading to do
23rd June 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #4  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 912

3,121 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPSYB0RGx

I have the G900T in person...any idea's for what I need to look for?

Having an unlocked bootloader is what every one prefer to have, correct? I forgot why its important to have an unlocked bootloader...haven't touched this subject since the Evo lite came out (one with keyboard)

Will any sim card from any network work? Or would it need to be another sim card from T-Mo? Actually I need to brush up my understandings on sim cards as well, I've never owned a phone that required a sim card. Looks like I already have my work cut out for me, a whole lot of damn reading to do

If you have it, just download the app "CPU z" and post a screenshot here. I'll be able to tell if it's real or not.

Any sim card from ANOTHER carrier will work. A tmobile sim card is useless because it's meant to work with it.

Go here: http://swappa.com/esn to check if it's blacklisted or financed. You can get the IMEI from the Settings>About menu.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread