Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 42,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] System sounds muted (hijacked, perhaps?)

Tip us?

titilayo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] System sounds muted (hijacked, perhaps?)

My Evo LTE seems to have been sound jacked. I don't recall installing any app that would take over sound, and the only updates applied have been prl updates. How can I find what's hijacked my sounds? I can't turn my ringer up past vibrate, and all system sounds are muted. Also, the ringer and notifications sounds are somehow connected. I installed Volume Control+, and when I turn up ringers, notifications goes down and vice versa, but neither one of them stays up - always on vibrate. And no, i'm not rooted. I have never been able to get the HTC bootloader unlock to work.

FYI - media sounds work, as well as alarms.

Help???

fizbanrapper
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Well I don't have a clue what might be wrong with the actual rom. When I have weird problems, I just flash another one... so let's try to address the bootloader problem.

Do you know exactly what is failing? Can you get into fastboot USB? Having trouble copying the token? A little more detail on that would really help. There are just so many things that could be screwing it up, but without knowing what you've tried, it's hard to know what to tell you.