CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Probably Bricked My YP-70

OP Gerard897

13th June 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi Everybody,
I was trying to install a new version of cyanogenmod that held kitkat, worked, but heres the problem. After installing the new rom i wanted to put a different kernel. This specific kernel I wanted was not compatible with kitkat, but i wasn't reading, so when it was booting up it was stuck at the Galaxy S Cyanogenmod booting screen. I turned it off and put the device in cwm recovery. I was going to put the right kernel for the device but the SD wound't mount. I looked for a solution, which led me to odin. When I started flashing the status was frozen at nand start write. So I stupidly unplugged it, so now I am greeted with a Phone+!+PC please help me!
13th June 2014, 07:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 243

471 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard897

Hi Everybody,
I was trying to install a new version of cyanogenmod that held kitkat, worked, but heres the problem. After installing the new rom i wanted to put a different kernel. This specific kernel I wanted was not compatible with kitkat, but i wasn't reading, so when it was booting up it was stuck at the Galaxy S Cyanogenmod booting screen. I turned it off and put the device in cwm recovery. I was going to put the right kernel for the device but the SD wound't mount. I looked for a solution, which led me to odin. When I started flashing the status was frozen at nand start write. So I stupidly unplugged it, so now I am greeted with a Phone+!+PC please help me!

Without seeing a picture of the screen, I'm going to have to assume the screen is a blue color with a picture of a computer on it.

If so, that's not a problem at all. That screen is basically the same thing as ODIN/Download mode.

With your device on that screen simply replug in your USB cable and reflash with ODIN.

If you could provide a picture of the screen, I could definitely say for sure that your device is good to go, or not.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
13th June 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 184

797 posts
More
Quote:

Hi Everybody,

If you're talking about this above, then do as Higgs_Boson said above. This is just a force download mode, and happens when you improperly flash something.
14th June 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuresword

If you're talking about this above, then do as Higgs_Boson said above. This is just a force download mode, and happens when you improperly flash something.

Thanks for the help, but can anyone send me link to a flashable file for odin?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-13 17.57.42.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	2796829  
14th June 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:

Thanks for the help, but can anyone send me link to a flashable file for odin?

Actually nevermind about the download because I followed this tut http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432936 but after step 3, and putting my device in download mode, My computer won't now read it/notice it in odin. I have kies installed and it used to work before.
15th June 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 109

502 posts
Quote:

Actually nevermind about the download because I followed this tut http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432936 but after step 3, and putting my device in download mode, My computer won't now read it/notice it in odin. I have kies installed and it used to work before.

Have you installed the drivers? If not, here's a link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2038555
22nd June 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #7  
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 15

203 posts
More
I was JUST in this situation, after fooling around with Ubuntu and the UnbrickerResurector, I was able to come back from Download Mode using the .pit and bootloader files from this thread...Flash them in Odin and you should be set.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1386669

SAVED MY Galaxy Player!!!!
23rd June 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 41

243 posts
Yeah you bricked your device, I bricked my device like that before and all I had to to was flash rj's kernel and I was in cwm before I knew it. Try that to see if it will work

Sent from my YP-G70 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread