Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,490 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Probably Bricked My YP-70

Tip us?

Gerard897
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Probably Bricked My YP-70

Hi Everybody,
I was trying to install a new version of cyanogenmod that held kitkat, worked, but heres the problem. After installing the new rom i wanted to put a different kernel. This specific kernel I wanted was not compatible with kitkat, but i wasn't reading, so when it was booting up it was stuck at the Galaxy S Cyanogenmod booting screen. I turned it off and put the device in cwm recovery. I was going to put the right kernel for the device but the SD wound't mount. I looked for a solution, which led me to odin. When I started flashing the status was frozen at nand start write. So I stupidly unplugged it, so now I am greeted with a Phone+!+PC please help me!

Higgs_Boson
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard897 View Post
Hi Everybody,
I was trying to install a new version of cyanogenmod that held kitkat, worked, but heres the problem. After installing the new rom i wanted to put a different kernel. This specific kernel I wanted was not compatible with kitkat, but i wasn't reading, so when it was booting up it was stuck at the Galaxy S Cyanogenmod booting screen. I turned it off and put the device in cwm recovery. I was going to put the right kernel for the device but the SD wound't mount. I looked for a solution, which led me to odin. When I started flashing the status was frozen at nand start write. So I stupidly unplugged it, so now I am greeted with a Phone+!+PC please help me!
Without seeing a picture of the screen, I'm going to have to assume the screen is a blue color with a picture of a computer on it.

If so, that's not a problem at all. That screen is basically the same thing as ODIN/Download mode.

With your device on that screen simply replug in your USB cable and reflash with ODIN.

If you could provide a picture of the screen, I could definitely say for sure that your device is good to go, or not.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Your "THANKS" are not necessary, but I would appreciate them when due.

obscuresword
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Hi Everybody,

If you're talking about this above, then do as Higgs_Boson said above. This is just a force download mode, and happens when you improperly flash something.
Devices I currently take care of:
Samsung GP 4.0 (CM11 [4.4.4]w/ Impulse R7)
Pandigital Supernova (UberNova 0.1 w/Google Play Mod)

----- Remember to always click "Thanks" if and when you find information helpful -----
V
V
V

Gerard897
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuresword View Post

If you're talking about this above, then do as Higgs_Boson said above. This is just a force download mode, and happens when you improperly flash something.
Thanks for the help, but can anyone send me link to a flashable file for odin?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-13 17.57.42.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	2796829  

Gerard897
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Thanks for the help, but can anyone send me link to a flashable file for odin?
Actually nevermind about the download because I followed this tut http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432936 but after step 3, and putting my device in download mode, My computer won't now read it/notice it in odin. I have kies installed and it used to work before.

TheKryptonite
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Actually nevermind about the download because I followed this tut http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432936 but after step 3, and putting my device in download mode, My computer won't now read it/notice it in odin. I have kies installed and it used to work before.
Have you installed the drivers? If not, here's a link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2038555

usagi111
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I was JUST in this situation, after fooling around with Ubuntu and the UnbrickerResurector, I was able to come back from Download Mode using the .pit and bootloader files from this thread...Flash them in Odin and you should be set.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1386669

SAVED MY Galaxy Player!!!!

troy5890
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Yeah you bricked your device, I bricked my device like that before and all I had to to was flash rj's kernel and I was in cwm before I knew it. Try that to see if it will work

Sent from my YP-G70 using XDA Free mobile app