Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Custom Rom installation???

OP TechniColourCoatedKlingon

20th June 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I know my thread will most likely be deleted but for those of you more experienced at this stuff - please help a noob out.

I wanted to post in the developer forums about getting help there BUT I CANT POST THERE because im new, so please have mercy on my sorry ass...

Ive been messing with my new Find 7a for 3 or 4 hours now, Ive managed to get the thing rooted but i cant for the love of god seem to install gummy rom.

I read stuff about having to install CWM or TWRP and I have followed the guides here the BEST that i could to try and get rid of the stock recovery but neither of them seem really informative about what to do and im now incredibly irate because I cant seem to make sense of whats going on, what to do or what i can do to get Gummy installed before i go to bed tonight.

I apologise if my post seems a little stressed and I honestly shouldnt be but I was really looking forward to having gummy installed on a new device and i dont want to start using my Find 7a until I have gummy installed.

If theres anyone who has already gone through the entire process and managed to get theirs to work, I would apreciate it GREATLY if you could just walk me through the steps so I could also enjoy this amazing phone.

Either I get this working or i down a pint of whisky.......Because Im really at the end of my rag with this.

THANK YOU
20th June 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #2  
Flag NR, RLP
Thanks Meter: 6

41 posts
More
If you are on Windows and got stuck on installing a custom recovery, have a look an this thread. It's really easy and well documented. Just follow it step by step.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2723237

If you are on OS X things are even easier. Just tell me if so, and I'll give you some hints.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire X mit Tapatalk
[IMG][/IMG]
Last edited by sebZ128; 20th June 2014 at 08:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sebZ128 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #3  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 810

906 posts
More
Or try using the TWRP app from the play store.

Sent from my Find7a using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread