Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] bricked phone - qhsusb_dload

Tip us?

dylanraga
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [q] bricked phone - qhsusb_dload

I've tried searching and there doesn't seem to be a solution to this problem for this device.

Yesterday I was flashing ROMs, namely AICP, but I accidentally pressed Reboot to Bootloader in CWM. I got stuck in bootloop after that and it kept returning to recovery. I google'd for a solution and found this(androidforums-.-com-/esteem-all-things-root/478814-how-get-out-clockworkmod-recovery-bootloop.html), which I downloaded and foolishly flashed (devices unsimilar). Flash is successful, and I reboot my phone.

It now will not show the LG splash screen, nor will it enter Download Mode. When connecting the device via USB, it does not seem to add a COM port on the computer. What it does do is try to install a driver named QHSUSB_DLOAD which fails to install.

Could someone please help me solve this problem? Thanks..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.png
Views:	16
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	2812461  

spexwood
Old
(Last edited by spexwood; 23rd June 2014 at 04:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanraga View Post
I've tried searching and there doesn't seem to be a solution to this problem for this device.

Yesterday I was flashing ROMs, namely AICP, but I accidentally pressed Reboot to Bootloader in CWM. I got stuck in bootloop after that and it kept returning to recovery. I google'd for a solution and found this(androidforums-.-com-/esteem-all-things-root/478814-how-get-out-clockworkmod-recovery-bootloop.html), which I downloaded and foolishly flashed (devices unsimilar). Flash is successful, and I reboot my phone.

It now will not show the LG splash screen, nor will it enter Download Mode. When connecting the device via USB, it does not seem to add a COM port on the computer. What it does do is try to install a driver named QHSUSB_DLOAD which fails to install.

Could someone please help me solve this problem? Thanks..
Hate to say two things to you bro:
1) You didn't search very hard, because there was a related thread on page 3 with "QHSUSB_DLOAD" in the title
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2781522
I forgive though, but just letting you know.

2) You're screwed. The phone is hard bricked. No way to get it back to life.
How do I know? Well, look who's the creator of the thread just linked to.
Read the entire thread. It's not very long.

PS: PM me if your phone is still under warranty and you want advice on how to get it replaced. If you still aren't under warranty, then you're doubly screwed.