Ask a question

No registration required

Verizon S5 ROMs

OP vladtess

21st June 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So the reason why I even wanted to get a ROOT access to my galaxy S5 for verizon is to really be able to put a custom ROM on my machine such as Omega ROM. But I cannot seem to find any anywhere that are specifically for 900V. Can anyone provide me with a sense of direction or a link or two?

Thanks much!
Last edited by vladtess; 21st June 2014 at 10:13 PM.
22nd June 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #2  
Flag South Central PA
Thanks Meter: 237

633 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladtess

So the reason why I even wanted to get a ROOT access to my galaxy S5 for verizon is to really be able to put a custom ROM on my machine such as Omega ROM. But I cannot seem to find any anywhere that are specifically for 900V. Can anyone provide me with a sense of direction or a link or two?

Thanks much!

Well, unfortunately you're going to have to wait for awhile. Even through you can now root the retail version of the S5, there is no custom recovery as of yet, so you can't flash a custom ROM. The retail version of the Verizon S5 has a locked bootloader with no know exploit at this time. Hopefully someone will find an exploit for the bootloader or a version of SafeStrap will be developed that works on the S5, but even at that you will only be able to flash Touch Wiz based ROMS with SafeStrap. That is why you can't find a ROM for the retail version of the Verizon S5.
22nd June 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #3  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,190

2,699 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladtess

Thanks much!

Thats odd.. I cant seem to find any roms for 900V either! Maybe because there isnt any .. fyi the creator of safestrap is said to be done travelling by tonight so maybe hell get some time soon to help build ss for our device n we could at least flash tw roms.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
23rd June 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 547

4,127 posts
I wonder about safestrap. It seemed to burn almost half the storage of my 32gb Note 3. This 16gb s5 is gonna be tricky..we'll have no room for apps

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd June 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #5  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,190

2,699 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippley05

I wonder about safestrap. It seemed to burn almost half the storage of my 32gb Note 3. This 16gb s5 is gonna be tricky..we'll have no room for apps

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

im sure some space needed for stock then some space needed for anpther system.. i dont care if i have 0 space tbh.. long as i can flash roms.. also, i can always get a lqrg3 sd card

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread