Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 52,460 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] unable to turn on wifi, after installing pre rooted kitkat 4.4.2 on gt-n7100

Tip us?

TheATHEiST
Old
Thanks Meter 891
It's because of your bootloader. If you would have done a simple search for "wifi fix" you would have found various topics on this and how to fix.

Flash the modded bootoader via Odin (no knox) or flash to latest official rom (will enable knox).
Phone:
Galaxy Note II | CM11 (Unofficial)

Tablet
Nexus 7 | CM 10.2

Smartphone History:
HTC Touch > HTC Universal > HTC Touch HD > HTC HD2 > iPhone 4S > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Samsung Galaxy Note II

Tablet History:
Galaxy Tab 7.0 > iPad3 > Nexus 7

kuromusha38
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I flashed the ND3 bootloader. Fixed everything.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
Android version: 4.4.2
Rom: DN3 5.2
Kernel: Nadia r6.1.1
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.2

ArabGeek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheATHEiST View Post
It's because of your bootloader. If you would have done a simple search for "wifi fix" you would have found various topics on this and how to fix.

Flash the modded bootoader via Odin (no knox) or flash to latest official rom (will enable knox).
What you exactly mean by modd ed boot-oader ? Never found this in search . Can you explain ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

ArabGeek
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87 View Post
The one i bolded is your culprit.You need to flash MJ5 or ND3 bootloader to get your wifi working.Alternative is flash a custom kernel like Nadia or Agni for 4.4.2 and you'll have working wifi.I'll put links below for each of them.Good luck.

nd3 bootloader

mj5 bootloader

how to flash bootloader via odin

Nadia Kernel

Agni Kernel

So difference between MJ5 and ND3 bootloader is that MJ5 is knox free bootloader so warranty will not be void and you can downgrade back to 4.1.2 if needed but you wont be able to charge your phone by turning it off it wil power back on.ND3 bootloader is KNOXED so warranty will be void,knox will be 0x1(no way to reset it yet) but phone can be charged by turning it off.Also once you flash ND3 bootloader you can only go back as far as 4.3 ROM not 4.1.2.

If you don't decide to upgrade your bootloader and stick to your current one which is MB4 you won't be able to charge your phone.FLashing a custom kernel instead you'd be able to get wifi working again.Also if you flash ND3 bootloader you cannot downgrade your bootlader than means you cant go back to MJ5 or MB4 it will just fail in odin or worse brick your device since bootloaders are flashed onto the motherboard of our phones.So if you flash MJ5 first you can easily upgrade to ND3 later if you feel but not vice versa.Good luck
Bro after flashing bootloader to ND3 my samsung gear 2 neo will work also ? And bluetooth headset ? Just want to confirm before i go for ND3

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabGeek View Post
Bro after flashing bootloader to ND3 my samsung gear 2 neo will work also ? And bluetooth headset ? Just want to confirm before i go for ND3

It should although I don't have samsung gear to confirm it but if Bluetooth on your phone works then you should be able to hook up your gear.