FORUMS

Quick Notes – Notification Panel Reminders

This app by XDA Senior Member yogi.306 is a quick and productive tool that … more

Who Is Your Favorite YouTuber That Covers Mobile?

There are dozens of talented YouTubers who cover mobile, but we want to know which … more

Galaxy S6 Shipping with Different Camera Models

One of the Galaxy S6’s most flaunted features is its spectacular camera, its 16MP … more

No, Android Apps on Windows Mobile Isn’t a Good Thing

As Symbian and Blackberry OS gradually gave way to Android and iOS towards … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Towelroot Tmobile Note 3

23rd June 2014, 05:11 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I was wondering if anyone has tried towelroot on a Tmobile note 3? If you have did it work?

23rd June 2014, 05:13 AM |#2  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 1,328

Donate to Me
More
It works fine up until NE6.. it won't work in NF1. You can always Odin back to NE6 to use it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 05:50 AM |#3  
Flag Omaha
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidmasterrace

I was wondering if anyone has tried towelroot on a Tmobile note 3? If you have did it work?

As long as your updated to NE6. I updated via kies and rooted. Very simple.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium
23rd June 2014, 05:53 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
will it work if i dont update to NE6
23rd June 2014, 06:44 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
No. Well it doesn't work with nb4.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 07:33 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Can someone explain or link me to somewhere where it does explain how to switch to NE6. Also will I have to root to upgrade because if I do there will be no point of upgrading and using towelroot
Last edited by androidmasterrace; 23rd June 2014 at 01:43 PM.
23rd June 2014, 08:31 PM |#7  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidmasterrace

Can someone explain or link me to somewhere where it does explain how to switch to NE6. Also will I have to root to upgrade because if I do there will be no point of upgrading and using towelroot

All you have to do is download the N900TUVUDNE6 Firmware from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=TMB#firmware. Then, connect your phone to your computer and open Odin software. Flash though AP. After a few minutes, it's done and voila! This will not change your Knox status from 0x0. Then use Towelroot v2 to root your phone. Its a very easy install and click app. and you are done.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eudeferrer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 08:44 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
I was hoping to avoid Odin if at all possible not because I don't know what I'm doing but because I'm a very cautious and have only rooted one other phone with odin. Also I noticed NF1 is on Kies will that work with towelroot?

Sent from my SM-N900T
Last edited by androidmasterrace; 23rd June 2014 at 09:34 PM.
24th June 2014, 02:37 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudeferrer

All you have to do is download the N900TUVUDNE6 Firmware from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1...e=TMB#firmware. Then, connect your phone to your computer and open Odin software. Flash though AP. After a few minutes, it's done and voila! This will not change your Knox status from 0x0. Then use Towelroot v2 to root your phone. Its a very easy install and click app. and you are done.

ok sorry to ask but just to be sure, if i had NF1 and did the downgrade it will NOT change my knox from 0x0 to 0x1?
24th June 2014, 05:05 AM |#10  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmare reaper

ok sorry to ask but just to be sure, if i had NF1 and did the downgrade it will NOT change my knox from 0x0 to 0x1?

No. Simply downgrading to stock firmware will not change your Knox status to 0x1. I downgraded myself in order to gain root and I'm still at 0x0.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread