[Q] Is it possible to request a stock firmware from samsung?

OP levytheman91

23rd June 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
I recently soft broke my GS5 active and was wondering if anyone knows if samsung will either 1. If by request allow me access to a stock firmware or 2. Be able to send my phone in and for a fee have the firmware reset? I'm just brainstorming at this point and am a bit desperate any feedback or advice would be helpful.
23rd June 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dahod, Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 139

766 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by levytheman91

I recently soft broke my GS5 active and was wondering if anyone knows if samsung will either 1. If by request allow me access to a stock firmware or 2. Be able to send my phone in and for a fee have the firmware reset? I'm just brainstorming at this point and am a bit desperate any feedback or advice would be helpful.

have you find the firmware on sammobile?
The Following User Says Thank You to Vaibhav Chauhan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibhav Chauhan

have you find the firmware on sammobile?

I have not been able to. Could be i'm just stupid and dont know how to find it but if im correct my model phone is sm-g870a and I can not find that anywhere please if you know anyone who can help id greatly appreciate it.
23rd June 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #4  
Flag Dahod, Gujarat

766 posts
More
Quote:

I have not been able to. Could be i'm just stupid and dont know how to find it but if im correct my model phone is sm-g870a and I can not find that anywhere please if you know anyone who can help id greatly appreciate it.

you can find here if it is available

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2/
The Following User Says Thank You to Vaibhav Chauhan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibhav Chauhan

you can find here if it is available

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2/

Thank you but ive already checked there unless informed otherwise I believe my model # is sm-g870a if that is correct then they do not have my firmware available. Whats more important at this point for me is if anyone could answer whether or not samsung may release or fix my phone at special request or is that unheard of?
23rd June 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #6  
Flag Dahod, Gujarat

766 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you but ive already checked there unless informed otherwise I believe my model # is sm-g870a if that is correct then they do not have my firmware available. Whats more important at this point for me is if anyone could answer whether or not samsung may release or fix my phone at special request or is that unheard of?

you can try giving it to samsung care
but if your warrenty is void then they will not accept your phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread