[Q] Towelroot Tmobile Note 3

Search This thread
Jun 23, 2014
Can someone explain or link me to somewhere where it does explain how to switch to NE6. Also will I have to root to upgrade because if I do there will be no point of upgrading and using towelroot

Last edited:

Eudeferrer

Aug 27, 2012
Miami
Can someone explain or link me to somewhere where it does explain how to switch to NE6. Also will I have to root to upgrade because if I do there will be no point of upgrading and using towelroot

All you have to do is download the N900TUVUDNE6 Firmware from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=SM-N900T&pcode=TMB#firmware. Then, connect your phone to your computer and open Odin software. Flash though AP. After a few minutes, it's done and voila! This will not change your Knox status from 0x0. Then use Towelroot v2 to root your phone. Its a very easy install and click app. and you are done.

Reactions: androidmasterrace
Jun 23, 2014
I was hoping to avoid Odin if at all possible not because I don't know what I'm doing but because I'm a very cautious and have only rooted one other phone with odin. Also I noticed NF1 is on Kies will that work with towelroot?

Sent from my SM-N900T

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2011
All you have to do is download the N900TUVUDNE6 Firmware from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=SM-N900T&pcode=TMB#firmware. Then, connect your phone to your computer and open Odin software. Flash though AP. After a few minutes, it's done and voila! This will not change your Knox status from 0x0. Then use Towelroot v2 to root your phone. Its a very easy install and click app. and you are done.

ok sorry to ask but just to be sure, if i had NF1 and did the downgrade it will NOT change my knox from 0x0 to 0x1?

Jun 23, 2014

When i try to load the NE6 firmware it fails because it says i dont have a pit partition what do i do?

b0bii

Nov 14, 2010
No. Well it doesn't work with nb4.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Worked fine for me... I had to disable lookout mobile security first however. Edit: Knox is 0x0

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1403648443883.jpg
    1403648443883.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

howdyace

Dec 19, 2008
Worked fine for me... I had to disable lookout mobile security first however. Edit: Knox is 0x0

Interesting , it didn't work for me and my wife (tmobile note 3) and others. I'm not sure why unless with v2 nb4 firmware was included.

I hope he does a v3 soon.

NF1 come on down......:highfive:

b0bii

Nov 14, 2010
Interesting , it didn't work for me and my wife (tmobile note 3) and others. I'm not sure why unless with v2 nb4 firmware was included.

I hope he does a v3 soon.

NF1 come on down......:highfive:

There was a bug with the kernel I use that was fixed in v2

Last edited:

howdyace

Dec 19, 2008
There was a bug with the kernel I use that was fixed in v2

Gotcha.

I just want root. I really don't want to trip knox because I know my luck and the CS reps will check before i do the jump program to note 4. Because thats all i really envision me getting anyways. G3 and the oppo .....meh.

b0bii

Nov 14, 2010
Gotcha.

I just want root. I really don't want to trip knox because I know my luck and the CS reps will check before i do the jump program to note 4. Because thats all i really envision me getting anyways. G3 and the oppo .....meh.

Checked my bootloader. I'm 0x0

howdyace

Dec 19, 2008
Yeah, I traded root for nf1 volte and while I don't regret it I don't want to flash ne6 baseband. And I'm still 0x0 for the 5 days I was rooted.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

grose65

Feb 2, 2011
york
I am on NB4 and towelroot works with no knox 0×0!

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts