[Q] Lg g2, or other options ?

Tip us?

Renecito
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Lg g2, or other options ?

Hi guys, I am new here.
I'm looking to buy a new high end smartphone and the budget is pretty low..
I was thinking about buying a used G2 on ebay from Sprint ( Prices are like from 220 to 250 !! o: )
Can I buy the Lg g2 from Sprint and have it unlocked with this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2655133
Is it going to be easy ? Will I be able to connect it to MetroPCS ?
Thanks

PS: Do you have any other suggestions ?

bigpappa
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renecito View Post
Hi guys, I am new here.
I was thinking about buying a used G2 on ebay from Sprint ( Prices are like from 220 to 250 !! o: )
Can I buy the Lg g2 from Sprint and have it unlocked with this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2655133
Thanks

As much as I like the G2 it is fairly locked down and unless you are directly on sprint itself (not an mvno) I wouldnt buy it. I think maybe the new One Plus One or the Nexus is a better option for those kinds of things. Others may argue with me but if you arent locked in a contract then a more global phone might be a better idea.
Sprint LG G2 >> Current Owner >> Stock, Debloated, Rooted, TWRP'ed
Sprint HTC One >> Current Owner >> Stock, Unrooted (Till Kit Kat Comes)
Sprint Moto Photon >> Current Owner >> Rooted, Docked, Converted to XMBC & Android Media Box
TMO HTC G2 >> Past Owner >> Imo, The best Phone ever made design wise.

Renecito
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpappa View Post
As much as I like the G2 it is fairly locked down and unless you are directly on sprint itself (not an mvno) I wouldnt buy it. I think maybe the new One Plus One or the Nexus is a better option for those kinds of things. Others may argue with me but if you arent locked in a contract then a more global phone might be a better idea.
I am not buying the phone with a contract, I am buying from ebay without a contract..

rogconnect
Old
(Last edited by rogconnect; 18th May 2014 at 04:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 473
Quote:
I am not buying the phone with a contract, I am buying from ebay without a contract..
I brought this phone last week from Genco. It was a opened box resealed item for $230 taxed and shipped. I received it on Monday. This phone look new to me. I was lucky to get this one and only on their store website.I'm with T-Mobile $30 prepaid and I trying to switch to Ting. They checked and I was told that my phone imei was cleaned, but couldn't activate it. This model is too new. So I did the build.pro mod and running stock 4.4.2. It was working fine for me on T-Mobile SIM. And then yesterday I decided to try CloudyPro II 2.1.
I chose the LS-980 Variants, surprising my phone work out of the box with my T-Mobile SIM.
Check my screenshot. It have the METROPCS LTE APN built -in. Maybe you can try this ROM when you get it. Love this phone after 3 years with NOTE 1

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-17-23-10-53.png
Views:	127
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	2749819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-17-23-12-36.png
Views:	121
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	2749820  

Renecito
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogconnect View Post
I brought this phone last week from Genco. It was a opened box resealed item for $230 taxed and shipped. I received it on Monday. This phone look new to me. I was lucky to get this one and only on their store website.I'm with T-Mobile $30 prepaid and I trying to switch to Ting. They checked and I was told that my phone imei was cleaned, but couldn't activate it. This model is too new. So I did the build.pro mod and running stock 4.4.2. It was working fine for me on T-Mobile SIM. And then yesterday I decided to try CloudyPro II 2.1.
I chose the LS-980 Variants, surprising my phone work out of the box with my T-Mobile SIM.
Check my screenshot. It have the METROPCS LTE APN built -in. Maybe you can try this ROM when you get it. Love this phone after 3 years with NOTE 1

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Oh cool thank you so much !
So, I just flash the ROM and the SIM will work ?

that_guy_right_there
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Im pretty sure a lot of ppl are going to be seeling their G2 once the G3 comes out, i would wait for this opportunity since phones will usually drop their price temporarily to bring in the new stuff.

dani_cord
Old
Thanks Meter 1
LG G2 is the best quality/price

sharpdesigner
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Hi guys, I am new here.
Thanks

You can use the following thread to GSM unlock it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2775238

I have bought a brand new sealed Sprint LG G2 from CL for $200 and have it unlocked using the above thread and am currently running it on T-Mobile.

One thing:
->You must root the phone using ioroot2.5
->You must install the autorec which will install TWRP 2.7.x[The TWRP app from Google Play won't work on Sprint G2]
->Then you will install the ROM.

In case you need any help with any of the steps, you can ask me b/c I have installed this ROM just tonight