Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Headphone volume

Tip us?

jahudka
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Audio [Q] Headphone volume

Hello, I'm using PAC nightly from May 16, been using an alpha build from April 16 before that and I'm loving PAC! The only thing I can't seem to figure out is the headset volume. 70% of the time I use my phone is to listen to music. The overall volume level on PAC is a bit low for me, even with the safe listening volume setting disabled and volume maxed out I keep wishing for more. I'm on Galaxy S3 International if that matters, but I don't think it does - I've been using CM10 and 11 previously and some of their builds went way louder (I updated pretty much every week to the latest nightly and the max volume varied with every build). So I know it's not the hardware maximum volume that's keeping me down. I'd like to ask if there is an option / setting anywhere which would allow me to increase the maximum volume. It would have to be something deep down in the system I guess, I don't actually think there's a "Make louder" button hidden somewhere in the settings.. When I crank the preamp of my Poweramp the sound distorts, which to me suggests the sound levels in the software are okay, and then they get clamped by an audio driver / kernel / something like that.. I'm a linux user, so I'm comfy with shell & digging in system files, but I'm no Android expert, so I dunno where to start looking. Could anyone please help out?

Srikanthrajj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same issue while on calls ..guess they don't have solution for this

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app