TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

[Q] Proper way to do Mediation on Android

OP serious7

18th May 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
Hi Guys,

I have been using Admob for half a year and I'm about ready to start mediation to protect myself in case I get banned. I have been looking at MoPub and I tried to implement Admob with it and it just didn't work. So I came to this forum to ask all of you what is the best way to do mediation on Android. I have global audience (80 percent from US, 20 percent from the rest of the world).

Thanks!
18th May 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #2  

8 posts
Hey.

I had the same problem and I just added admob and mopub to my app. I uses a web database to configure which ads the app would load. On app start I would check the database and question it which ad I should show. After this I just loaded either mopub or admob
19th May 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
We enabled AdMob's mediation a few months ago, started with an extra account at Millenial Media in an attempt to increase prices, but so far it kinda falls below our expectation. Fortunately enabling AdMob's mediation is painless, integrating the MMSDK took only a day of work so it's not a lot of lost time either.
17th June 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #4  

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booink

We enabled AdMob's mediation a few months ago, started with an extra account at Millenial Media in an attempt to increase prices, but so far it kinda falls below our expectation. Fortunately enabling AdMob's mediation is painless, integrating the MMSDK took only a day of work so it's not a lot of lost time either.

I can confirm: adding mediation didn't increase my revenue. I think mediation is not for small companies and indie developers, it is for big companies, when each 0.01$ in RPM is critical.
21st June 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 13

151 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail77

I can confirm: adding mediation didn't increase my revenue. I think mediation is not for small companies and indie developers, it is for big companies, when each 0.01$ in RPM is critical.

Hmm I read mixed results here, some say It worked for them fine. Maybe give it some time.
23rd June 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #6  

9 posts
I think, if you choose right ad networks for mediation, it will work perfectly. First it should be some premium network and second network will take care of the rest...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread