Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 39,927 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Proper way to do Mediation on Android

Tip us?

serious7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Proper way to do Mediation on Android

Hi Guys,

I have been using Admob for half a year and I'm about ready to start mediation to protect myself in case I get banned. I have been looking at MoPub and I tried to implement Admob with it and it just didn't work. So I came to this forum to ask all of you what is the best way to do mediation on Android. I have global audience (80 percent from US, 20 percent from the rest of the world).

Thanks!

DerAndroiDaniel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey.

I had the same problem and I just added admob and mopub to my app. I uses a web database to configure which ads the app would load. On app start I would check the database and question it which ad I should show. After this I just loaded either mopub or admob

Booink
Old
Thanks Meter 1
We enabled AdMob's mediation a few months ago, started with an extra account at Millenial Media in an attempt to increase prices, but so far it kinda falls below our expectation. Fortunately enabling AdMob's mediation is painless, integrating the MMSDK took only a day of work so it's not a lot of lost time either.

Mikhail77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booink View Post
We enabled AdMob's mediation a few months ago, started with an extra account at Millenial Media in an attempt to increase prices, but so far it kinda falls below our expectation. Fortunately enabling AdMob's mediation is painless, integrating the MMSDK took only a day of work so it's not a lot of lost time either.
I can confirm: adding mediation didn't increase my revenue. I think mediation is not for small companies and indie developers, it is for big companies, when each 0.01$ in RPM is critical.

Crichton333
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail77 View Post
I can confirm: adding mediation didn't increase my revenue. I think mediation is not for small companies and indie developers, it is for big companies, when each 0.01$ in RPM is critical.
Hmm I read mixed results here, some say It worked for them fine. Maybe give it some time.
"Smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast." -- Android: 2048 Numbers Mania -- Yutu Aliens Free -- Proud owner: Sony Xperia J

usmevik
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I think, if you choose right ad networks for mediation, it will work perfectly. First it should be some premium network and second network will take care of the rest...