Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Need HELP install Cyanogenmod on Samsung Galaxy s2 Skyrocket sgh-i727

OP DivineSpirit

21st June 2014, 12:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I am willing to admit I have no clue how to install this ROM so please be nice.
This is my first time installing a ROM on my device.
My device is rooted and I checked if it was rooted by using RootChecker so that isn't a problem.

---

So I'm using this website in order to install Cyanogenmod for my Samsung Galaxy s2 SGH-i727:
teamchopsticks.org/p/cm110-release-notes
^^XDA wont let me post the link for some reason.^^

(please look at the link to understand my questions.)

1. I am confused on how you install the recovery, (number one) do you have to go into recovery mode then install it through there when you put it in your phone as a zip file? Then what?

2. When you install a compatible radio (in this case the AT&T skyrocket one) do you install it through the same process as number one? (install it then reboot?)

3. Are the "Wipe /data, /cache, and /system." all in one selection or where can i find the /system?

4. When it says flash does it basically mean install? I am super confused if you have to install all of these things on recovery mode or what. Does it matter if you have clockwork mod recovery or something else? I have something else relating to that but a bit different but works all the same.

I might not make sense but please understand I am a huge noob at this trying to get better at installing ROMs. if anyone could help me and not point how much of a noob I am would be really appreciated.

thanks!

***fixed
Last edited by DivineSpirit; 23rd June 2014 at 11:25 PM.
21st June 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
bump
22nd June 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
bump...
22nd June 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #4  
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 144

202 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm sorry but the link you posted is not working for me.
But you can always use CM Installer to automatically install cyanogenmod to your device.
use this link to install it
http://beta.download.cyanogenmod.org/install

oh and yes flash means install (Most of the time )
and you can find the Wipe Data and Wipe Cache options on the main screen of CWM Recovery. And Wipe System is "Format /system" under "mounts and storage "
The Following User Says Thank You to backb0ne5p1d0r For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by backb0ne5p1d0r

I'm sorry but the link you posted is not working for me.
But you can always use CM Installer to automatically install cyanogenmod to your device.
use this link to install it
----

oh and yes flash means install (Most of the time )
and you can find the Wipe Data and Wipe Cache options on the main screen of CWM Recovery. And Wipe System is "Format /system" under "mounts and storage "

Thank you.
I've given you a "thanks" <3
23rd June 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #6  
Flag Glenview, IL
Thanks Meter: 91

253 posts
More
I also have an old s2. If you're already rooted, the rest is super easy.

Find either cwm or twrp version for your device and download it on your phone.

Then install an app from the play store called flashify. Open flashify and use it to install either cwm or twrp recovery which ever one you chose. I believe cwm works better with cyanogenmod.

Once that's done you now have a custom recovery.

Next download the cyanogenmod Rom specific to your device. In my experience I find that version 10.1.2 works the best and is super stable/bug free. And download the gapps that corresponds to the version of cyanogenmod that you chose.

Now boot into your new custom recovery by first turning off the phone. Hold down both volume buttons and hold down the power button until the phone vibrates. At this point release the power button, but keep holding down the volume keys. This will boot you into your custom recovery.

Click on wipe and select it. Don't do advanced wipe just a regular reset/wipe.

Before you install the new rom we want to make a backup of your stock Rom,
this will save you if you ever mess something up.

So in your New recovery choose backup. Name this STOCK and create backup.

Now click on install in your custom recovery and choose install. Locate the cyanogenmod you downloaded and install it. Then click install again and locate the gapps you downloaded and install it. Go back to the wipe section of your recovery and choose to wipe cache and dalvik. And viola you are done, boot and enjoy. Hit me up if you have questions or problems.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Oh...the first time you boot will take awhile probably like 5 to 10 minutes so just let it sit there and be patient. Make sure your battery is at like 85% before you do any of this.

As for different recoveries I prefer twrp. Twrp will work fine for cyanogenmod version 10.1.2 but sometimes bugs out when trying to install version 11. Cwm will work for version 11.
Last edited by Lokke9191; 23rd June 2014 at 04:27 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokke9191 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokke9191

I also have an old s2. If you're already rooted, the rest is super easy.

Find either cwm or twrp version for your device and download it on your phone.

Then install an app from the play store called flashify. Open flashify and use it to install either cwm or twrp recovery which ever one you chose. I believe cwm works better with cyanogenmod.

Once that's done you now have a custom recovery.

Next download the cyanogenmod Rom specific to your device. In my experience I find that version 10.1.2 works the best and is super stable/bug free. And download the gapps that corresponds to the version of cyanogenmod that you chose.

Now boot into your new custom recovery by first turning off the phone. Hold down both volume buttons and hold down the power button until the phone vibrates. At this point release the power button, but keep holding down the volume keys. This will boot you into your custom recovery.

Click on wipe and select it. Don't do advanced wipe just a regular reset/wipe.

Before you install the new rom we want to make a backup of your stock Rom,
this will save you if you ever mess something up.

So in your New recovery choose backup. Name this STOCK and create backup.

Now click on install in your custom recovery and choose install. Locate the cyanogenmod you downloaded and install it. Then click install again and locate the gapps you downloaded and install it. Go back to the wipe section of your recovery and choose to wipe cache and dalvik. And viola you are done, boot and enjoy. Hit me up if you have questions or problems.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Oh...the first time you boot will take awhile probably like 5 to 10 minutes so just let it sit there and be patient. Make sure your battery is at like 85% before you do any of this.

As for different recoveries I prefer twrp. Twrp will work fine for cyanogenmod version 10.1.2 but sometimes bugs out when trying to install version 11. Cwm will work for version 11.

===
I might try this. I have to install this manually because the app the user gave me above did not work and gave me errors even after i tried fixing it. I'll let you know if anything goes wrong

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread