Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 45,472 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Change N7105 screen with middle housing to N7100?

Tip us?

jonttuv
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy [Q] Change N7105 screen with middle housing to N7100?

Hi! I ordered a N7105 screen, with a middle housing to my broken N7105, but my phone was stolen the day before the screen came. So I bought a broken N7100 (it'll arrive tomorrow or the day after tomorrow), and now I'm worried that what if it doesn't fit because of the middle housing? I have read that someone has successfully changed a N7100 screen to a N7105, but does it work vice versa?

Thanks anyways
Phone: Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: AOSB v1.3.5
Kernel: Stock (yet :P)
Modem: XXLA2

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100 SOLD

Phone yet to arrive: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100, because N7105 was stolen

hackerse7en
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonttuv View Post
Hi! I ordered a N7105 screen, with a middle housing to my broken N7105, but my phone was stolen the day before the screen came. So I bought a broken N7100 (it'll arrive tomorrow or the day after tomorrow), and now I'm worried that what if it doesn't fit because of the middle housing? I have read that someone has successfully changed a N7100 screen to a N7105, but does it work vice versa?

Thanks anyways
well first mine doesnt fit propperly but it closes, and it turns on, but then it seems like the phone starts having personality problems, sometimes he is a n7105 and sometimes is as n7100 like a hibrid, unfortunatelly no one wanted to help me, so im stucked with a nice phablet wthout baseband,
resuming, you can change but the major problem will be software, if you need help, pm me okay and good luck
Current Devices
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Motorola Motoactv - Smartwatch

Previous phones

Lg Maximo Black -
-
Zte Blade -
-
SGS Note 2 - Broken
-
Previous tablets
-