Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 40,051 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] [Q] HTC Stuck on Boot Screen, here's what I did

Tip us?

2dayquestion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanie280672 View Post
http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_u..._signed_2-exe/

Looks like your RUU to return to fully stock

You could do with seeing if you can see this number anywhere in the bootloader 4.19.631.9 usually under os- however, radio's match
The phone is the HTC One m7 through Rogers. It was recently asking me for the latest OTA update. The ROM was stock, if that helps.

Seanie280672
Old
Thanks Meter 258

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dayquestion View Post
The phone is the HTC One m7 through Rogers. It was recently asking me for the latest OTA update. The ROM was stock, if that helps.
looks like your RUU, like I said, its a Rogers RUU and contains the same radio, your version-main just threw me off a bit, leave your bootloader locked / relocked and plug into your computer in bootloader mode, then run the RUU on your computer, follow the instructions, make sure your battery is 50% or more before running.

regarding your other question, you can flash custom roms whilst s-on, you just have to make sure your bootloader is unlocked, s-on is not there to protect system files, its there to protect you from messing with the HBOOT and radio's etc which will brick the phone if done wrong, you cant brick by flashing rom's.
The Following User Says Thank You to Seanie280672 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

2dayquestion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
looks like your RUU, like I said, its a Rogers RUU and contains the same radio, your version-main just threw me off a bit, leave your bootloader locked / relocked and plug into your computer in bootloader mode, then run the RUU on your computer, follow the instructions, make sure your battery is 50% or more before running.

regarding your other question, you can flash custom roms whilst s-on, you just have to make sure your bootloader is unlocked, s-on is not there to protect system files, its there to protect you from messing with the HBOOT and radio's etc which will brick the phone if done wrong, you cant brick by flashing rom's.
Thanks a lot for that link. I found an RUU file about 7 hours ago, but it was in .zip format, not .exe like the link you provided me. This made it damn easy. I relocked the bootloader, installed, now it's all great. Thanks a lot. Can I thumbs up you, or do anything in return?

Seanie280672
Old
Thanks Meter 258

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks a lot for that link. I found an RUU file about 7 hours ago, but it was in .zip format, not .exe like the link you provided me. This made it damn easy. I relocked the bootloader, installed, now it's all great. Thanks a lot. Can I thumbs up you, or do anything in return?
Just hit the thanks button a couple of times is plenty.

The Zip would of worked too, you just have to flash it in a special kinda way.

Glad its all working now, could you edit your title in your first post to SOLVED now please.
The Following User Says Thank You to Seanie280672 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

2dayquestion
Old
(Last edited by 2dayquestion; 22nd June 2014 at 08:31 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Just hit the thanks button a couple of times is plenty.

The Zip would of worked too, you just have to flash it in a special kinda way.

Glad its all working now, could you edit your title in your first post to SOLVED now please.
I'm guessing a side-load? I really like the install wizard, the RUU method is pretty ingenious. One quick question for you: It's asking me for a system update, OTA, that's not installing after I download it. I unlocked the bootloader through HTC dev using the binary they e-mail you. Would I have to unroot? Any tips on what I could do?

[edit: for some reason, OTA worked] thanks a lot for your help and especially for that magical link. cheers

Seanie280672
Old
Thanks Meter 258

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'm guessing a side-load? I really like the install wizard, the RUU method is pretty ingenious. One quick question for you: It's asking me for a system update, OTA, that's not installing after I download it. I unlocked the bootloader through HTC dev using the binary they e-mail you. Would I have to unroot? Any tips on what I could do?

[edit: for some reason, OTA worked] thanks a lot for your help and especially for that magical link. cheers
No, you have to put your phone in fastbootRUU mode and then flash the zip from your computer using fastboot commands.

Glad the OTA worked in the end, but in future when installing OTA's just make sure your bootloader is locked / relocked first.

2dayquestion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
No, you have to put your phone in fastbootRUU mode and then flash the zip from your computer using fastboot commands.

Glad the OTA worked in the end, but in future when installing OTA's just make sure your bootloader is locked / relocked first.
That may have been the issue. Thanks for your time. Another 'thanks' is in order. Cheers