A question about upgrading stock rom on a rooted phone.

Search This thread

Astralogic

Mar 23, 2012
Hi, If I have a rooted phone, how do I update the rom? I have the stock rom. I guess you have to download the update and install it like you would any rom, but would this format my phone?

arturiu

Feb 22, 2013
Hi, If I have a rooted phone, how do I update the rom? I have the stock rom. I guess you have to download the update and install it like you would any rom, but would this format my phone?

If you have a rooted stock rom, you will be able to receive update notifications from Sony and you can update using the offical methods.
However, the update will install the new stock rom without root, as this is not supported by the manufacturer.

There are some tricks to maintain root during an update, but there is no guarantee it will work.
(search xda forums)

FYI, for the current 4.3 stock release for V and T, there is a "one-click" root method.
Check this .

Reactions: LaZiODROID

Astralogic

Mar 23, 2012
If you have a rooted stock rom, you will be able to receive update notifications from Sony and you can update using the offical methods.
However, the update will install the new stock rom without root, as this is not supported by the manufacturer.

There are some tricks to maintain root during an update, but there is no guarantee it will work.
(search xda forums)

FYI, for the current 4.3 stock release for V and T, there is a "one-click" root method.
Check this .

I can't update whilst rooted, the update fails to install. I would need to unroot before updating via the official method.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

(search xda forums)

Check this .