[Q] Android Revolution HD Sense 6 Toolbox Theme Question

23rd June 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi,

This is in regards to the latest Android Revolution HD 71.1 ROM for the HTC One M7
I wanted to see if anyone could please clarify what I have highlighted in the picture below of the Sense 6 mods list.

Exactly what aspects of the Sense app's themes colors can you change?
In the picture below, the left side is the default Sense 6 TV app and on the right I tried to recreate the same app to have a black background instead of the default white. Basically tried to get it to look like the original Sense 5 colors but with the Sense 6 appearance/style.
(Not a fan of KitKat's blinding white colors).
So my question is, is it possible to achieve the colors and such in the right pic within the rom's toolbox custom options along with all the other Sense 6 apps?
Or does it simply mean you can only change the purple title area and notification bar to other colors?

(Ignore the M8 navigation bar at the bottom, just there for reference)

And yes I do understand "This ROM is meant to be an optimized stock ROM" but I just wanted to know a little more about the Sense 6 Toolbox mod options.
Thank you for your response and time!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sense6highlight.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	2813018   Click image for larger version

Name:	htcsense6_xblackx_remake1.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	2813028  
Last edited by XGhost25X; 24th June 2014 at 02:01 AM.
23rd June 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #2  
Flag Caloocan
Thanks Meter: 284

1,414 posts
More
i think the only thing you can change is the color of the title bar and notification bar since the "blinding white" color of sense's apps have changed in sense 6. that's one major reason why i miss sense 5/5.5. the overall black on sense apps were very much more uniform, clean and pleasant to look to, specially in dark areas and during night time..
23rd June 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelo01

i think the only thing you can change is the color of the title bar and notification bar since the "blinding white" color of sense's apps have changed in sense 6. that's one major reason why i miss sense 5/5.5. the overall black on sense apps were very much more uniform, clean and pleasant to look to, specially in dark areas and during night time..

Hmm, thats what I am fearing of and I can't agree with you anymore on missing the Sense 5/5.5 appearance too. I mean I am all for the optimizations and enhancements and the flat/minimal UI style of Sense 6; I think they are great and look amazing and clean, just not the color scheme.

I know in just stock Sense 6 one could already change the theme colors but only the title bar and notification bar to black, green and those other colors, but the overall background of the sense apps like the Gallery, Calculator, and TV app remain white. I find it hard to view them and not very easy on the eyes. I just wonder why this is listed as a mod? It must mean something else thats not possible with just stock alone.

But not to drift off topic, have you yourself tried this rom out along with the Sense 6 toolbox? Or would you or anyone else happen to know a rom that does allow this change? The only reason I have not tried this rom out to see for myself is because I am still on bone stock 4.3 Sense 5 unrooted and only for the reason of just avoiding the dull white and colorless icons of Sense 6. So im left with keeping it as is.
(I know this must sound like dumb reason to others, but I like Android to look colorful and easy to view. I very much am used to the sleek black and holo blue from Honeycomb, ICS, and Jellybean.)
Last edited by XGhost25X; 23rd June 2014 at 10:49 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread