Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more
Post Reply

[Q] Random Reboots

OP noooooo

23rd June 2014, 11:17 AM   |  #1  
noooooo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 136
 
663 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
So, i've an old sensation xe, it constantly random reboots, i've tried the trick with paper but nothing changed, so i think it is a software problem.
now it have the old hboot and firmware and android 4.4.2 but with old kernel, what can i upgrade to get rid of this problem? (kernel rom radio or everithing else) thanks in advance
23rd June 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #2  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,119
 
7,104 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noooooo

So, i've an old sensation xe, it constantly random reboots, i've tried the trick with paper but nothing changed, so i think it is a software problem.
now it have the old hboot and firmware and android 4.4.2 but with old kernel, what can i upgrade to get rid of this problem? (kernel rom radio or everithing else) thanks in advance

did you overclock too much?
or did you undervolt too much?

how old is your battery?
did you try with a second one?
23rd June 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #3  
noooooo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 136
 
663 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86

did you overclock too much?
or did you undervolt too much?

how old is your battery?
did you try with a second one?

No OC or UV, yeah, i have the stock and an anker battery but the problem is always the same

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 11:26 AM   |  #4  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,119
 
7,104 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noooooo

No OC or UV, yeah, i have the stock and an anker battery but the problem is always the same

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

make a nandroid and flash a different rom(or kernel)
see if you will have random reboots
23rd June 2014, 11:31 AM   |  #5  
noooooo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 136
 
663 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86

make a nandroid and flash a different rom(or kernel)
see if you will have random reboots

I've flashed several different Roms and the problem always been there... Some times ago I've seen and upgrade for something related to radio or similar, it can be it in conflict with the newer version of android?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #6  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,119
 
7,104 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noooooo

I've flashed several different Roms and the problem always been there... Some times ago I've seen and upgrade for something related to radio or similar, it can be it in conflict with the newer version of android?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

AFAIK radio has to do with signal network
i don't know if it is the culprit

but you can change radio only if you are on S-OFF
23rd June 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #7  
noooooo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 136
 
663 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86

AFAIK radio has to do with signal network
i don't know if it is the culprit

but you can change radio only if you are on S-OFF

I'm s-off

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #8  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,119
 
7,104 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noooooo

I'm s-off

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

have you changed radio/ril before?
23rd June 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #9  
noooooo's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 136
 
663 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86

have you changed radio/ril before?

Yes, but quite a lot time ago

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk
23rd June 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #10  
rzr86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nafpaktos
Thanks Meter: 2,119
 
7,104 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noooooo

Yes, but quite a lot time ago

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

ok then
you can use getril app
it will show you the best combination of radio/ril

or look at this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1202867

but i am not sure if it solves the random reboots

The Following User Says Thank You to rzr86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes