Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,172 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Advanced volume control

Tip us?

pannekoek28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Default Advanced volume control

Hi, on my old Xperia S there was a mod which allowed me to control ringtone volume, media volume and alarm volume when I pressed a volume button.
I tried to have the same on my Xperia z1 compact running .757 firmware kitkat which is rooted, using dual recovery and Xposed framework is installed.

I tried using gravitybox, but the first time I installed it, the battery % disappeared. The second time I tried to install it, I got a message saying there was something wrong with my framework.

I then found another Xposed module called expendable volume control, which was extracted from gravitybox. If I installed this app, rebooted and pressed my volume buttons, the app that was on the screen force closed.

I am now running out of options. Is there any way to get expandable volumes, so I can change all the volumes?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D5503 met Tapatalk
did I help you? Please press the THANKS button

want to make a DROPBOX account? use THIS link and we both get a free 500mb bonus!
want to get even MORE space? COPY is a new service just like dropbox. Use THIS referral link and you get 20GB instead of 15GB for a lifetime! limited offer!

My phone specs:
Sony Xperia S LT26i
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
eXistenZ Ultra 1.0.0
Root access: yes
CWM installed: no
Bootloader: locked, but unlockable

Iruwen
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Update or reinstall Xposed Framework, reinstall GravityBox, set Statusbar Tweaks => Battery Settings => Battery percent text size to smallest (this makes the battery percentage reappear) and then configure the volume panels to your likings under Media tweaks, it's actually working fine for me (I'm using RomAur).
The Following User Says Thank You to Iruwen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]