Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 53,266 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Turn down touch screen sensitivity?

Tip us?

jimxms
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Turn down touch screen sensitivity?

Hi All,

Is it possible to turn down the touch screen sensitivity on the M8? I am finding that I do not even have to touch the screen in many cases and as a result the phone is doing a lot of unintentional things. Its especially annoying when texting as the phone registers a press as soon as the surface of my thumb comes near the screen, which might not be the area where i'm actually pressing. I had the same issue on my M7 too but didn't keep the phone for very long.

mushtafa
Old
Thanks Meter 50
I'll bump this, interested myself.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Shad0wKn1ght93
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'd try using a screen protector. The M8 screen is propably more sensitive in order to work with the flip cover, which adds a quite thick layer to the digitizer. In order to actually decrease the sensitivity, you'd propably have to modify the touchscreen driver.

Texas_Dave
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have an otter case which has a screen protector, and the sensitivity is still outrageous.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com

SpikeOT
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This annoys the hell out of me too. Such a shame as I've just come from an iPhone 5S and prefer almost everything about the M8. It's only this and the slightly underwhelming camera that annoy. I'm still happy I switched.

Zanketsu
Old
(Last edited by Zanketsu; 23rd June 2014 at 12:04 PM.) Reason: extra thought
Thanks Meter 1
Also have a screen protector - a glass one, 0.3 mm. I barley have to touch the screen, what's more, could have sworn a couple of times I haven't actually touched it. Ha, a microfiber screen wipe is enough to unlock the phone but since I turned off motion launch gestures I can live with it .

edit - maybe the "gloves mode" that's available in other brand android phones is on by default?