Remove All Ads from XDA

Turn down touch screen sensitivity?

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By jimxms, Junior Member on 17th June 2014, 08:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,

Is it possible to turn down the touch screen sensitivity on the M8? I am finding that I do not even have to touch the screen in many cases and as a result the phone is doing a lot of unintentional things. Its especially annoying when texting as the phone registers a press as soon as the surface of my thumb comes near the screen, which might not be the area where i'm actually pressing. I had the same issue on my M7 too but didn't keep the phone for very long.
18th June 2014, 04:39 PM |#2  
Flag West Sussex, UK
Thanks Meter: 77
I'll bump this, interested myself.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
19th June 2014, 01:02 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6
I'd try using a screen protector. The M8 screen is propably more sensitive in order to work with the flip cover, which adds a quite thick layer to the digitizer. In order to actually decrease the sensitivity, you'd propably have to modify the touchscreen driver.
19th June 2014, 05:34 AM |#4  
Flag Bastrop, TX
Thanks Meter: 4
I have an otter case which has a screen protector, and the sensitivity is still outrageous.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA-FORUM, powered by
23rd June 2014, 10:52 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0
This annoys the hell out of me too. Such a shame as I've just come from an iPhone 5S and prefer almost everything about the M8. It's only this and the slightly underwhelming camera that annoy. I'm still happy I switched.
23rd June 2014, 11:58 AM |#6  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 3
Also have a screen protector - a glass one, 0.3 mm. I barley have to touch the screen, what's more, could have sworn a couple of times I haven't actually touched it. Ha, a microfiber screen wipe is enough to unlock the phone but since I turned off motion launch gestures I can live with it .

edit - maybe the "gloves mode" that's available in other brand android phones is on by default?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread