Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,115 Members 51,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Storage not available after Upgrade

Tip us?

bdanza
Old
(Last edited by bdanza; 22nd June 2014 at 04:04 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Storage not available after Upgrade

Alright guys, this is going to be slightly long, but hopefully I will explain every detail.

Device Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 wifi

1. I am a Linux (ubuntu 14.04) user for my daily computing, I tried doing all of this in Heimdall, but every time I tried to connect to my Tab it would not let me push recovery or boot images.

2. I got a windows laptop and used odin 3.09 to do the following.

a. In odin I pushed the unofficial clockwork recovery to the tab.
b. flashed CM 11 M7 to the tab.

result:
Tablet booted very slowly but then was in CM 11 normally, once there I did not have access to storage.
- If I try to download some thing from the internet, or take a screenshot it tells me that SD storage is not available.
- Google play store crashes every time I try to start it.
- if I go into CM file explorer it says "Error Detected The File or folder was not found"

3. Used odin to flash official TWRP recovery, and repackaged boot.ini from CM and flashed that as a kernel.

a. used TWRP to format all partitions.
b. installed CM 11 M7 and gapps from external sd card
c. Fixed permissions (I know this actually does nothing, but I tried it anyway)

result (same as before):
Tablet booted very slowly but then was in CM 11 normally, once there I did not have access to storage.
- If I try to download some thing from the internet, take a screenshot it tells me that SD storage is not available.
- if I go into CM file explorer it says "Error Detected The File or folder was not found"

So basically right now I have a semi functional tablet with CM11 on it, that will get on the internet, run gmail, and whatever apps are currently installed, but will not download anything, wilnot install new apps, or access google play.

if I use terminal emulator, I can CD into /storage, then when I try to CD into sdcard1 it works fine, but if I try to CD into sdcard0 it says "no such file or directory".
If I try to mkdir sdcard0 it says "mkdir failed for sdcard0, File exists"

Any thoughts?

12MaNy
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdanza View Post
Alright guys, this is going to be slightly long, but hopefully I will explain every detail.

Device Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 wifi

1. I am a Linux (ubuntu 14.04) user for my daily computing, I tried doing all of this in Heimdall, but every time I tried to connect to my Tab it would not let me push recovery or boot images.

2. I got a windows laptop and used odin 3.09 to do the following.

a. In odin I pushed the unofficial clockwork recovery to the tab.
b. flashed CM 11 M7 to the tab.

result:
- If I try to download some thing from the internet, or take a screenshot it tells me that SD storage is not available.

3. Used odin to flash official TWRP recovery, and repackaged boot.ini from CM and flashed that as a kernel.

a. used TWRP to format all partitions.
b. installed CM 11 M7 and gapps from external sd card
c. Fixed permissions (I know this actually does nothing, but I tried it anyway)

result (same as before):
- If I try to download some thing from the internet, take a screenshot it tells me that SD storage is not available.

So basically right now I have a semi functional tablet with CM11 on it, that will get on the internet, run gmail, and whatever apps are currently installed, but will not download anything, wilnot install new apps, or access google play.

if I use terminal emulator, I can CD into /storage, then when I try to CD into sdcard1 it works fine, but if I try to CD into sdcard0 it says "no such file or directory".
If I try to mkdir sdcard0 it says "mkdir failed for sdcard0, File exists"

Any thoughts?
Can you still read/write to internal?

On hiatus, but here's some older work and ports...

Green Machine - HERE

Dark Fire X - HERE

Dark Fire Blue X - HERE

bdanza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Can you still read/write to internal?
sdcard0 is internal storage, I can evidently read from it, since the system starts up.

But I cannot read from it when the system is on, and I definitely can't write to it.

dodo99x
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Try installing FolderMount from the PlayStore. It can detect and fix issues with your partitions. You just need to run it, then reboot. I seem to get issues writing to my data partition after I install TWRP, on my SM-P900. FolderMount fixed it quickly and easily.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...evasque.fmount

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk