Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,891 Members 50,024 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App Failed to install

Tip us?
 
Pentrebach
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default App Failed to install

I have had some limited success installing apps. I got the sleep one to install (b4 they took it off the market) and a clockface. But any others I try just download and give me the app failed to install. (news feeder and the 360 one) everything else is working on My gear 2. Not a huge deal now as I am just testing it out, there are no good apps out yet. But I was trying to get it straight before the avalache of awesome apps starting coming in im sure here real shortly right. Anyone had similar issues?

I never had the gear 1 or followed it, how long before we got root and cool support/apps for it. anyone know? Of course this being one of the first Tizen products I would expect it to take longer.
 
tehnerdbeast
Old
#2  
tehnerdbeast's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 51
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentrebach View Post
I have had some limited success installing apps. I got the sleep one to install (b4 they took it off the market) and a clockface. But any others I try just download and give me the app failed to install. (news feeder and the 360 one) everything else is working on My gear 2. Not a huge deal now as I am just testing it out, there are no good apps out yet. But I was trying to get it straight before the avalache of awesome apps starting coming in im sure here real shortly right. Anyone had similar issues?

I never had the gear 1 or followed it, how long before we got root and cool support/apps for it. anyone know? Of course this being one of the first Tizen products I would expect it to take longer.

Do you have the most recent samsung apps / gear 2 manager downloaded?
Devices:
T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S IV M919
Rom: GNF1 Sickness Style V3

Samsung Gear 2
Rom: TizenMod V3 by Skin1980
 
hawksking
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 30
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentrebach View Post
I have had some limited success installing apps. I got the sleep one to install (b4 they took it off the market) and a clockface. But any others I try just download and give me the app failed to install. (news feeder and the 360 one) everything else is working on My gear 2. Not a huge deal now as I am just testing it out, there are no good apps out yet. But I was trying to get it straight before the avalache of awesome apps starting coming in im sure here real shortly right. Anyone had similar issues?

I never had the gear 1 or followed it, how long before we got root and cool support/apps for it. anyone know? Of course this being one of the first Tizen products I would expect it to take longer.
Curious to know which device you have, is it a galaxy phone?
 
Pentrebach
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksking View Post
Curious to know which device you have, is it a galaxy phone?
Sgs4 sprint sacs rom 4.4.2
Gear manager 2.0.14041404
Samsung store14040104.21.007.1
 
favara69
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Sep 2008
Hi, i have the same issue... unable to install apps on my gear 2 neo, i have a Galaxy Note 3 with the latest version of Gear Manager. I've unintalled gear manager and reinstalled but no succes.

Any Idea?
 
henklbr
Old
#6  
henklbr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 225
Posts: 655
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by favara69 View Post
Hi, i have the same issue... unable to install apps on my gear 2 neo, i have a Galaxy Note 3 with the latest version of Gear Manager. I've unintalled gear manager and reinstalled but no succes.

Any Idea?
Do you have also the latest version of Samsung Apps?
Greetzzz, Henk.
===========================
Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM-T700 16GB | Kingston microSDHC 32GB Class 10
Android-version: 4.4.2
Build-number: KOT49H.T700XXU1ANF9
Build Info: dpi@SWDD6012 #1 Mon Jun 30 21:10:04 KST 2014
Kernel-version: 3.4.39-2085186
CSC: T700PHN1ANF1

Baseband-version: T700XXU1ANF9
 
favara69
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Sep 2008
TE=henklbr;52239214]Do you have also the latest version of Samsung Apps?[/QUOTE]

Yes... latest version 14040104.21.007.0
 
crcpeach
Old
#8  
crcpeach's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 37
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lexington
I have a Note 3 and have the same problem. I have reset both my phone and the Gear to factory defaults and have no luck. Fitness with Gear will synchronize fine, but I cannot install any apps.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Note III
Apple iPad 2
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
Archos 70 (250gb)
 
crcpeach
Old
#9  
crcpeach's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 37
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lexington
Downloaded the latest Samsung app for mobile at the link below, and it now works great
http://apps.samsung.com/mars/mw/apk_...UNTRY_CODE=USA


Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Note III
Apple iPad 2
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
Archos 70 (250gb)
 
ahadodc
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by crcpeach View Post
Downloaded the latest Samsung app for mobile at the link below, and it now works great


Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
It works for me. Thanks alot.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Secrecy App Goes Open Source, New LG Android Wear Device! – XDA Developer TV

Secrecy encryption app goes open source! That and much … more

Pushbullet Updated with SMS Send Ability

Pushbullet is one of thoseapplications that every Android lover should have installed on his or … more

[OTA] Nvidia Shield Tablet Receives its First Update

The Nvidia Shield Tabletis the latest toy from one of the largest desktop graphics … more

Quick Control Panel Updated, Adds Notification Support

As some of you may remember, earlier this year we spoke about Quick Control Panel by … more