Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 49,291 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XT890 Stuck on Red Logo. Probably damaged partitions.

Tip us?

Chamelleon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 128

DONATE TO ME
So it looks this model has problem with emmc like it was with Galaxy S and Galaxy S+. Only difference is that i9000/i9001 has script to reformat emmc and we don't have anything like this and even if we have it couldn't be used by locked bootloader.
Motorola RAZR i - 4.2.1 9.82l-50_SMI-26 Unlocked
Motorola Defy Plus DFP-231 Root - DFP-188, DFP-231, DFP-2311 BL7 Root
The Following User Says Thank You to Chamelleon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hazou
Old
(Last edited by Hazou; 18th June 2014 at 10:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 787
Yep, seems like it. But with the galaxy line it can be avoided by upgrading the kernel. So maybe the stock kernel has somewhere a fault in it. Haven't researched this enough to know what it could be, but ITF has something to do with secure erase. Maybe with android 4.4 those issues will not rise again. And as far as I know it only happens on JB. Or I missed something.

I searched the internet (obviously) and came across this. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2581166 A bootable CWM recovery from external sdcard. Can it work u think? With the command switching devices in fastboot. I thought i read somewhere that the command in fastboot switching devices switches the boot points from internal to external. Maybe we can try something like that?

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P5110
Github: HazouPH
The Following User Says Thank You to Hazou For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SalJR
Old
(Last edited by SalJR; 22nd June 2014 at 04:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Gentlemen,

My girlfriend's phone had exactly the same problem, the same error and the same messages on screen.
I spent hours on blogs and, when I was almost giving up, I found out a solution.

To tell you the truth, guys, I used the same procedure on my dead moto quench (cliq xt) five years ago... it seems stupid, but I've almost killed myself trying to do something to recover the fastboot which i thought was the reason... I was wrong...

So, here's what I did to solve it:

1 - First, have the motorola drivers and rsd lite 6.1.4 (or a higher version) installed;

2 - Download the version you need - sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=13 - sorry I cannot include the address here 'cause I didnt reach 10 messages on xda = P

3 - Unzip the file and edit the .xml file with notepad. It is the only .xml file on the folder;

4 - Remove the whole line which contain "getvar" word. (It must be the fourth or fifth line);

5 - Save and close the file;

6 - Now you can flash normally with rsd. IT WILL NOT STOP ON 8/12 STEP ANYMORE;

Please try it and post your comments;

Regards,

Chamelleon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 128

DONATE TO ME
Already tried but there is no getvar in xml at all.
Motorola RAZR i - 4.2.1 9.82l-50_SMI-26 Unlocked
Motorola Defy Plus DFP-231 Root - DFP-188, DFP-231, DFP-2311 BL7 Root
The Following User Says Thank You to Chamelleon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SalJR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamelleon View Post
Already tried but there is no getvar in xml at all.
I think you should try a different version. On the same blog I found this solution, some people say that they tried since from 4.04 version (the first retail) to the last 4.1.2). Some of them managed to fix on the third rom.

PS: don't forget to delete the "getvar" line.
Tags
brick, emmc, razr i, red logo, xt890