Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Where to start?

Tip us?
 
Azerox
Old
#1  
Azerox's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 544
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groningen
Question [Q] Where to start?

Hello there,

My gf just got a Galaxy Tab 3.0 7 inch SM-T210 with Android 4.1.2.

Now i want to put a custom firmware on it like CM or anything like that.

But where to start?

Im not into Samsung and have no idea. Dont see any guide gifing with tips or so...

Can someone guide me in the right direction?

I did read about CWM and TWRP, download ODIN and flash it. But is that all?

With HTC i had to unlock bootloader first, flash boot.img etc etc.

Thanks!

Greetings!
 
dsilx
Old
#2  
dsilx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 140
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: fort campbell
Smile can i help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
Hello there,

My gf just got a Galaxy Tab 3.0 7 inch SM-T210 with Android 4.1.2.

Now i want to put a custom firmware on it like CM or anything like that.

But where to start?

Im not into Samsung and have no idea. Dont see any guide gifing with tips or so...

Can someone guide me in the right direction?

I did read about CWM and TWRP, download ODIN and flash it. But is that all?

With HTC i had to unlock bootloader first, flash boot.img etc etc.

Thanks!

Greetings!
hi from what im understanding ur wanting to root it and install custom firmware

here is a video i used from rootjunky to root my tablet with twrp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDShwBHRjUE

hope it helped
 
rbotz
Old
#3  
rbotz's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 45
Join Date: Apr 2011
@first there is no cm for this tab. All custom roms based on stock rom or 4.2.2 port from sm-t110

There is no need to unlock bootloader like HTC. No seperate flash of Boot.img...

Install cwm or twrp recovery with Odin. Check threads for Odin install instructions. Its easy going

Cwm:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2433853

Twrp:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2653391

If you only want to root flashable ZIP for root is attached in recovery threads.

If you want to try custom roms check index thread for sm-t210 Roms.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2755532

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to rbotz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Azerox
Old
#4  
Azerox's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 544
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groningen
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbotz View Post
@first there is no cm for this tab. All custom roms based on stock rom or 4.2.2 port from sm-t110

There is no need to unlock bootloader like HTC. No seperate flash of Boot.img...

Install cwm or twrp recovery with Odin. Check threads for Odin install instructions. Its easy going

Cwm:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2433853

Twrp:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2653391

If you only want to root flashable ZIP for root is attached in recovery threads.

If you want to try custom roms check index thread for sm-t210 Roms.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2755532

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks, i found out how it works. Real easy.

Only problem i have now is that ALL the ROMs seem to be alot of crap.

Not working, resolution problems or FCs. And yes i use the T210 versions and no other.

Also recoverys are baaad. Lol now i know why i will never get a Samsung ... crap casing, crap software.
 
dsilx
Old
#5  
dsilx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 77
Posts: 140
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: fort campbell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
Thanks, i found out how it works. Real easy.

Only problem i have now is that ALL the ROMs seem to be alot of crap.

Not working, resolution problems or FCs. And yes i use the T210 versions and no other.

Also recoverys are baaad. Lol now i know why i will never get a Samsung ... crap casing, crap software.
If u would like i could upload a list of build.prop tweaks to use to improve over all performannce like image battery life wifi speed stuff like that just over all makes the tab run smoother
 
Halogoop
Old
#6  
Halogoop's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 23
Join Date: Nov 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
Thanks, i found out how it works. Real easy.

Only problem i have now is that ALL the ROMs seem to be alot of crap.

Not working, resolution problems or FCs. And yes i use the T210 versions and no other.

Also recoverys are baaad. Lol now i know why i will never get a Samsung ... crap casing, crap software.
Try looking at the specs of each ROM and compare it with yours. I am currently running S.E.A.L ROM

with the Black hawk kernel I am finding it faster than the Stock ROM and also way less bloatware.

Try this or the RocketTab Rom and Blackhawk. These tend to work the best for most SM-T210 and R.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Android M Mentions Spotted in Android Code Review

While we are still waiting for Android L to be officially released, the first mentions of … more

Create a Simple Custom Launcher from Scratch

When you are starting your journey intoany sort of development, it’s never easy at the … more

MediaTek Continues Steps Towards Being Developer-Friendly

Not too long ago MediaTek was very closed off towards the mobile developer … more