Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][N5120] N5120XXDNE4 / 4.4.2 KitKat / Germany / June 2014

Tip us?

morkli
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Post [ROM][N5120] N5120XXDNE4 / 4.4.2 KitKat / Germany / June 2014

Model: GT-N5120
Model name: GALAXY Note 8.0 LTE
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 1600517
Build date: Thu, 15 May 2014 19:11:23 +0000
Product Code: DBT
PDA: N5120XXDNE4
CSC: N5120OXADNE4
MODEM: N5120XXDNE4

DOWNLOAD
The Following User Says Thank You to morkli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hydrolynx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkli View Post
Model: GT-N5120
Model name: GALAXY Note 8.0 LTE
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 1600517
Build date: Thu, 15 May 2014 19:11:23 +0000
Product Code: DBT
PDA: N5120XXDNE4
CSC: N5120OXADNE4
MODEM: N5120XXDNE4

DOWNLOAD
Can I update this without un-root my device? Is there any steps to follow? Thanks

morkli
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrolynx View Post
Can I update this without un-root my device? Is there any steps to follow? Thanks
I didn't unroot before I flashed this. However, you will lose root. The new boot loader has the Knox flag, which means if you root this firmware, the Knox flag will likely be set and that may void your warranty. I'm just using mine without root at the moment.

Steps I did was to do a factory reset in stock recovery, then used Odin 3.0.9 to flash the new firmware. Google search for a guide to using Odin. As I did a factory reset, had to install all my apps, etc. again. So, back up anything you want to keep before you start.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

hydrolynx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I didn't unroot before I flashed this. However, you will lose root. The new boot loader has the Knox flag, which means if you root this firmware, the Knox flag will likely be set and that may void your warranty. I'm just using mine without root at the moment.

Steps I did was to do a factory reset in stock recovery, then used Odin 3.0.9 to flash the new firmware. Google search for a guide to using Odin. As I did a factory reset, had to install all my apps, etc. again. So, back up anything you want to keep before you start.

is it worth to upgrade to kitkat? what do you think? Thanks.

morkli
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrolynx View Post
is it worth to upgrade to kitkat? what do you think? Thanks.
I've been using it for a few days now without any issue. Feels a bit snappier than 4.2.2 and battery seems to last a bit longer. However, not a huge upgrade. If you're happy with 4.2.2 or need a rooted tablet, then I wouldn't bother to upgrade. For myself, I always like to try out the latest, that's why I upgraded.

eried
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 125

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I've been using it for a few days now without any issue. Feels a bit snappier than 4.2.2 and battery seems to last a bit longer. However, not a huge upgrade. If you're happy with 4.2.2 or need a rooted tablet, then I wouldn't bother to upgrade. For myself, I always like to try out the latest, that's why I upgraded.

Hey, is the country fixed per tablet due something besides language? can I install the UK one?
My website http://ried.cl

morkli
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by eried View Post
Hey, is the country fixed per tablet due something besides language? can I install the UK one?
It's generally the default language (which you can change of course) and possibly some pre-installed apps in different country's firmwares. There can be other differences too. I don't think a 4.4.2 firmware for the UK is available for the N5120 yet. There is this German one and some Singapore ones that have just been released too. Other countries will follow.

The Following User Says Thank You to morkli For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ime95mos
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I just installed this onto my GT-N5120 purchased here in Sweden.

Works fine so far. Have not seen any issue yet...