Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][N5120] N5120XXDNE4 / 4.4.2 KitKat / Germany / June 2014

OP morkli

11th June 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 38
 
151 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Model: GT-N5120
Model name: GALAXY Note 8.0 LTE
Country: Germany
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 1600517
Build date: Thu, 15 May 2014 19:11:23 +0000
Product Code: DBT
PDA: N5120XXDNE4
CSC: N5120OXADNE4
MODEM: N5120XXDNE4

DOWNLOAD
The Following User Says Thank You to morkli For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #2  
hydrolynx's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkli

Model: GT-N5120
Model name: GALAXY Note 8.0 LTE
Country: Germany
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 1600517
Build date: Thu, 15 May 2014 19:11:23 +0000
Product Code: DBT
PDA: N5120XXDNE4
CSC: N5120OXADNE4
MODEM: N5120XXDNE4

DOWNLOAD

Can I update this without un-root my device? Is there any steps to follow? Thanks
13th June 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 38
 
151 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrolynx

Can I update this without un-root my device? Is there any steps to follow? Thanks

I didn't unroot before I flashed this. However, you will lose root. The new boot loader has the Knox flag, which means if you root this firmware, the Knox flag will likely be set and that may void your warranty. I'm just using mine without root at the moment.

Steps I did was to do a factory reset in stock recovery, then used Odin 3.0.9 to flash the new firmware. Google search for a guide to using Odin. As I did a factory reset, had to install all my apps, etc. again. So, back up anything you want to keep before you start.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk
15th June 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #4  
hydrolynx's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
40 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkli

I didn't unroot before I flashed this. However, you will lose root. The new boot loader has the Knox flag, which means if you root this firmware, the Knox flag will likely be set and that may void your warranty. I'm just using mine without root at the moment.

Steps I did was to do a factory reset in stock recovery, then used Odin 3.0.9 to flash the new firmware. Google search for a guide to using Odin. As I did a factory reset, had to install all my apps, etc. again. So, back up anything you want to keep before you start.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

is it worth to upgrade to kitkat? what do you think? Thanks.
15th June 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 38
 
151 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrolynx

is it worth to upgrade to kitkat? what do you think? Thanks.

I've been using it for a few days now without any issue. Feels a bit snappier than 4.2.2 and battery seems to last a bit longer. However, not a huge upgrade. If you're happy with 4.2.2 or need a rooted tablet, then I wouldn't bother to upgrade. For myself, I always like to try out the latest, that's why I upgraded.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk
17th June 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #6  
eried's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 125
 
291 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by morkli

I've been using it for a few days now without any issue. Feels a bit snappier than 4.2.2 and battery seems to last a bit longer. However, not a huge upgrade. If you're happy with 4.2.2 or need a rooted tablet, then I wouldn't bother to upgrade. For myself, I always like to try out the latest, that's why I upgraded.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk

Hey, is the country fixed per tablet due something besides language? can I install the UK one?
17th June 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 38
 
151 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eried

Hey, is the country fixed per tablet due something besides language? can I install the UK one?

It's generally the default language (which you can change of course) and possibly some pre-installed apps in different country's firmwares. There can be other differences too. I don't think a 4.4.2 firmware for the UK is available for the N5120 yet. There is this German one and some Singapore ones that have just been released too. Other countries will follow.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to morkli For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
I just installed this onto my GT-N5120 purchased here in Sweden.

Works fine so far. Have not seen any issue yet...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes