Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 48,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] need help ASAP

Tip us?
 
Ridoutounsi
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jun 2014
Unhappy [Q] need help ASAP

Hi, so i just bought my samsung galaxy s5 gold from shanghai, and i just found out that it is based on a chinese android firmware without google apps, what i really need lol, so i looked around and didn't find anything really, can anyone help me ? can i like put an european firmware ? or put a custom firmware where i can find french language available and gapps ?
 
SAMPPLE
Old
#2  
SAMPPLE's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 89
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bucharest

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridoutounsi View Post
Hi, so i just bought my samsung galaxy s5 gold from shanghai, and i just found out that it is based on a chinese android firmware without google apps, what i really need lol, so i looked around and didn't find anything really, can anyone help me ? can i like put an european firmware ? or put a custom firmware where i can find french language available and gapps ?
Yes you can cahnge your firmware with other one but you need to know what model is... for example is SM-G900F...., after this you need to enter on samsung-updates.com and search your device, after this look at wath region you want to have that firmewall..., after this press dowload and choose your link to be downloaded... After you download the firmewall you need to flash in your device with odin3... for falsh I recomand you to look on youtube....

First step search...
Click image for larger version

Name:	da.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	2809948
Click image for larger version

Name:	da2.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	2809949

Second is look at the region:
Click image for larger version

Name:	da3.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	2809950
Click image for larger version

Name:	da4.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	2809951
I recomand to you to use france. germany or europe, UK firmewalls/roms because I used this and are goods...

And the last step press the download button and choose from what mirror you want to download....
Click image for larger version

Name:	da5.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	2809953
Click image for larger version

Name:	da6.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	2809954

 
CalInTheZone
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 300
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridoutounsi View Post
Hi, so i just bought my samsung galaxy s5 gold from shanghai, and i just found out that it is based on a chinese android firmware without google apps, what i really need lol, so i looked around and didn't find anything really, can anyone help me ? can i like put an european firmware ? or put a custom firmware where i can find french language available and gapps ?
Sounds like a write-off. I quite sure you bought a fake phone.
Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F), Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (SM-P605), Galaxy Gear (SM-V700) and Galaxy Gear 2 (SM-R3800). and for fun and games: Nexus 5 (D821), Nexus 10, HTC One (M7), Sony Xperia Z2 and loads of legacy devices.

P.S. Don't reply this to say thanks. Just use the button. Thanks! || My movies
 
Ridoutounsi
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMPPLE View Post
Yes you can cahnge your firmware with other one but you need to know what model is... for example is SM-G900F...., after this you need to enter on samsung-updates.com and search your device, after this look at wath region you want to have that firmewall..., after this press dowload and choose your link to be downloaded... After you download the firmewall you need to flash in your device with odin3... for falsh I recomand you to look on youtube....

First step search...
Attachment 2809948
Attachment 2809949

Second is look at the region:
Attachment 2809950
Attachment 2809951
I recomand to you to use france. germany or europe, UK firmewalls/roms because I used this and are goods...

And the last step press the download button and choose from what mirror you want to download....
Attachment 2809953
Attachment 2809954

thank you, it would be helpful if my firmware showed something like yours ! mines is SM-G9006V. and this is what i had.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture d’écran 2014-06-21 à 15.55.23.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	2810298  
 
SAMPPLE
Old
(Last edited by SAMPPLE; 21st June 2014 at 04:36 PM.)
#5  
SAMPPLE's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 89
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bucharest

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridoutounsi View Post
thank you, it would be helpful if my firmware showed something like yours ! mines is SM-G9006V. and this is what i had.
Now you need to download one of that... and flash with odin A yes and you can change your language from settings to french

If that not work maybe you have a Samsung Galaxy S5 only for china... and I don't know what you need to do...
 
Ridoutounsi
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalInTheZone View Post
Sounds like a write-off. I quite sure you bought a fake phone.
no it's an original one since i bought it from a real samsung boutique !
 
CalInTheZone
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 300
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridoutounsi View Post
no it's an original one since i bought it from a real samsung boutique !
Found this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738617
Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F), Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (SM-P605), Galaxy Gear (SM-V700) and Galaxy Gear 2 (SM-R3800). and for fun and games: Nexus 5 (D821), Nexus 10, HTC One (M7), Sony Xperia Z2 and loads of legacy devices.

P.S. Don't reply this to say thanks. Just use the button. Thanks! || My movies
 
Ridoutounsi
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalInTheZone View Post
Yes but i don't know how to install it ! can you help ? when i download the file it's a .zip file and Odin don't accept these files.
 
CalInTheZone
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 300
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Copenhagen
Guess you will need custom recovery.

Swype on my Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F)
Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F), Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505), Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (SM-P605), Galaxy Gear (SM-V700) and Galaxy Gear 2 (SM-R3800). and for fun and games: Nexus 5 (D821), Nexus 10, HTC One (M7), Sony Xperia Z2 and loads of legacy devices.

P.S. Don't reply this to say thanks. Just use the button. Thanks! || My movies
 
mrnovanova
Old
#10  
mrnovanova's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 197
Posts: 1,006
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridoutounsi View Post
Yes but i don't know how to install it ! can you help ? when i download the file it's a .zip file and Odin don't accept these files.
You have to extract it first. Then you have to press pda on Odin and select the file you extracted it should end with . Md5 or .tar. After ghat you wait for Odin to check it and press start.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more