Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 51,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Attempting to flash custom rom..

Tip us?

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,883

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna_Sky View Post
Though both devices are now running custom roms, would I be able to do S-Off? Would it be worth it in the long run? From what I have seen, it seems that USB 2.0 ports are required or at least recommended. All of my ports are 3.0, are there any programs out that would work for me to achieve S-Off?
I definitely recommend getting S-off. I recently returned my EVO LTE to stock, ran the 4.13 RUU, rooted and gained S-off (again) using the Firewater exploit in roughly a minute's time. I was using 3.0 USB ports when I did it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Luna_Sky
Old
(Last edited by Luna_Sky; 23rd June 2014 at 07:14 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer View Post
I definitely recommend getting S-off. I recently returned my EVO LTE to stock, ran the 4.13 RUU, rooted and gained S-off (again) using the Firewater exploit in roughly a minute's time. I was using 3.0 USB ports when I did it.
Well, I made my best attempts to use Firewater to no success. I followed the instructions exactly and things were looking good.. until it told me that "someone pissed in the firewater" and to reboot the device. I tried a couple of times and had no luck. Does the Android version matter or anything like that?

I'm running on the latest build of the Dirty Unicorn rom if that makes any difference.. Just thought I'd throw it out there again.

Evolution_Freak
Old
Thanks Meter 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna_Sky View Post
Well, I made my best attempts to use Firewater to no success. I followed the instructions exactly and things were looking good.. until it told me that "someone pissed in the firewater" and to reboot the device. I tried a couple of times and had no luck. Does the Android version matter or anything like that?

I'm running on the latest build of the Dirty Unicorn rom if that makes any difference.. Just thought I'd throw it out there again.
You should try using a closer to stock, sense ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evolution_Freak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Luna_Sky
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution_Freak View Post
You should try using a closer to stock, sense ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Flashed Viper4G and ran Firewater again... Got S-Off just like that. Thank you for the tip!
The Following User Says Thank You to Luna_Sky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]