Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unable to select USB mode and do file transfer

OP Salik89

23rd June 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I was wondering if it is possible to transfer files from my Z1 to a linux desktop without installing any softwares?

Currently I think I am unable to do so because the option of USB Connection Mode is greyed out, rendering me unable to do anything about it unless I install the software (as depicted here)

And thus, are there any 3rd party apps that I can install or tweak some settings in my phone so that I can transfer files?
23rd June 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 666

1,091 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salik89

I was wondering if it is possible to transfer files from my Z1 to a linux desktop without installing any softwares?

Currently I think I am unable to do so because the option of USB Connection Mode is greyed out, rendering me unable to do anything about it unless I install the software (as depicted here)

And thus, are there any 3rd party apps that I can install or tweak some settings in my phone so that I can transfer files?

Most devices nowadays (if not all of them) use MTP to transfer files from and to the device. MTP is not well supported under Linux as far as I'm aware, there are a couple of guides out there to get it working, you shouldn't have too many issues finding those by using Google.

Personally I prefer to use ADB to transfer files between my device and my desktop, you'll have to have some experience working with the terminal, it's not hard though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread