Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Updating to Android 4.2

Tip us?
 
bchiem12
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Default [Q] Updating to Android 4.2

Hi, I am trying to update to the latest firmware but i am stuck on choosing which firmware to install. There is a WW ,TW , US or CN type of firmware. by build for the tablet say" JB@oc_v03.

Thanks for the help in advance.
 
cmendonc2
Old
#2  
cmendonc2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 352
Posts: 1,016
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchiem12 View Post
Hi, I am trying to update to the latest firmware but i am stuck on choosing which firmware to install. There is a WW ,TW , US or CN type of firmware. by build for the tablet say" JB@oc_v03.

Thanks for the help in advance.
That code refers to the region:

WW- Worldwide (any region)
TW - Taiwan
US - United States
CN - China
My Devices:
 

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)



LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)



Asus Tf300t (CM11)



Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
 
bchiem12
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Does it matter which firmware that i choose?


Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
That code refers to the region:

WW- Worldwide (any region)
TW - Taiwan
US - United States
CN - China
 
cmendonc2
Old
#4  
cmendonc2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 352
Posts: 1,016
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchiem12 View Post
Does it matter which firmware that i choose?
You should choose the region that corresponds to where you live. What you should be worried about is, however, the version number that you are installing because you need to know if it is compatible. Can you send a screenshot of the "About tablet" page and the exact filename of the Stock ROM?
My Devices:
 

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)



LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)



Asus Tf300t (CM11)



Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
 
bchiem12
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Here is the information on the tablet i attracted it . The custom rom that i installed is http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1901784

Thanks in advance


Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
You should choose the region that corresponds to where you live. What you should be worried about is, however, the version number that you are installing because you need to know if it is compatible. Can you send a screenshot of the "About tablet" page and the exact filename of the Stock ROM?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-23-04-58-48[1].jpg
Views:	7
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	2813464  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes