Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,865 Members 50,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Desire HD Superuser problem.

Tip us?

Largamelion
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Default HTC Desire HD Superuser problem.

I need some help with Superuser. Currently running Mustaavalkosta 's CM11 BR4 and Superuser version 3.1.3 (46).

After clean installing the ROM, Superuser works and allows me to grant root permission to apps. Temp unroot works but updating the binary immediately results in 'downloading manifest... fail!' and if I click the 'try again' button, Superuser crashes. No big deal cause everything that I need it to do, works. A couple of days later however it just stops working and no longer grants permissions... I still have root. Temp unroot stops working and crashes Superuser when I try to use it. The file /system/bin/su still exists.

Things I tried:

- clear Superuser data
- uninstall Superuser and reinstall from Play Store
- install SuperSU

None of the above works.

Please somebody help me out here, I don't want to keep restoring my Nandroid cause it still is alot of work. Thanks

Largamelion
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
After doing some more research I think I fixed the problem by flashing the latest SuperSU.zip instead of installing it from the Play Story where it wouldn't let me update the binaries. I can now grant root access again to apps.

Still no idea what caused the Superuser issues but I 'm glad with this 'workaround'.