Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid Razr M xt907 WiFi & Tethering hack on KitKat 4.4

Tip us?

tatsunn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Droid Razr M xt907 WiFi & Tethering hack on KitKat 4.4

I tried a search for the first before posting and did not find anything in regards to it however I just recently upgraded to Kit Kat 4.4 on my rooted Droid RAZR M xt907.

I found out after upgrading that apparently I no longer could enable WiFi or tethering, even when using foxfi and after doing some searching found that the entitlement hack previously used no longer work either I stumbled across a post in regards to a new entitlement hack that was working for the Droid Maxx and decided to give it a try on my RAZR M and although needing to bypass step 3 as I could not locate those files listed and proceeding to follow the rest of the guide exactly as detailed I now have restored my wifi hotspot and tethering access and it is working great. I just wantedpos post to help anyone that might still be using the RAZR M and have upgraded to KitKat and lost their hotspot and tethering access.
I do want to note also, that I am also running the custom Beanstalk 4.4 ROM on my phone as I am not sure that if it matters or not.
Below is the link to the original thread I found.

Keep in mind that I had to skip step 3 because I could not locate the named files on my particular phone, but followed up everything else exactly and hotspot and tether are working great now!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578410

I hope you this helps someone.
The Following User Says Thank You to tatsunn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Strife89
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsunn View Post
I tried a search for the first before posting and did not find anything in regards to it however I just recently upgraded to Kit Kat 4.4 on my rooted Droid RAZR M xt907.

I found out after upgrading that apparently I no longer could enable WiFi or tethering, even when using foxfi and after doing some searching found that the entitlement hack previously used no longer work either I stumbled across a post in regards to a new entitlement hack that was working for the Droid Maxx and decided to give it a try on my RAZR M and although needing to bypass step 3 as I could not locate those files listed and proceeding to follow the rest of the guide exactly as detailed I now have restored my wifi hotspot and tethering access and it is working great. I just wantedpos post to help anyone that might still be using the RAZR M and have upgraded to KitKat and lost their hotspot and tethering access.
I do want to note also, that I am also running the custom Beanstalk 4.4 ROM on my phone as I am not sure that if it matters or not.
Below is the link to the original thread I found.

Keep in mind that I had to skip step 3 because I could not locate the named files on my particular phone, but followed up everything else exactly and hotspot and tether are working great now!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578410

I hope you this helps someone.
Might be a good idea to move this to the dedicated Razr M forum; I only stumbled upon this through Googling.

I tried this on my own RM, which is running the stock KitKat firmware with a locked bootloader (I just rooted today with towelroot), and it works fine (step 3 was needed). My phone rebooted the first time I tried to activate the tether (step 8), but it worked on the second attempt.

spoiler16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife89 View Post
Might be a good idea to move this to the dedicated Razr M forum; I only stumbled upon this through Googling.

I tried this on my own RM, which is running the stock KitKat firmware with a locked bootloader (I just rooted today with towelroot), and it works fine (step 3 was needed). My phone rebooted the first time I tried to activate the tether (step 8), but it worked on the second attempt.
Just curious,

I am grandfathered into unlimited data for verizon. This worked for me. Will I be charged $30 to use the stock wifi-tethering?

I have rooted, and this method worked. Only the stock wifi tether works for me...I have tried a lot of 3rd party wifi tether apps with no luck.

stras1234
Old
Thanks Meter 31
the OP of your quoted post also made a separate post dedicated to the Razr m xt907 for KK; works like a charm

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2787763

thanks again @Topsnake
The Following User Says Thank You to stras1234 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]