Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,011 Members 47,703 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Adjusting volume stops playback

Tip us?

Gersel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Adjusting volume stops playback

Hi

Ive had a problem with my old S4, and now aparently I have the same problem with my S5.

Whenever I adjust the volume of any playback, the playback stops. This happens no matter what sound adjustment i use (volume keys, headset, or adjust on screen.)

This is quite frustrating as you can emagine, as I have to unlock the phone, and start playback again, to adjust the volume, to start playback to adjust volume, to start playback and so on...

As I have had this problem with both my old S4 and my new S5, I cant really believe that it should be a HW error.

Does anyone have a similar problem or a solution for this issue?

Please help!

mediumsteak
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I would recommend performing a factory reset to determine whether it is a software or hardware issue.
If it persists you should return it! And maybe consider the LG G3

After reading all about the G3 I kind of regret getting the S5, and plan to potentially get myself a G3.

Airax
Old
Thanks Meter 17
It has to caused by an app you've installed. I've never seen this behaviour on any of my galaxy devices, and definitely not on my S5. The music carries on playing no matter how or when I adjust the volume.
What music player are you using?

Gersel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airax View Post
It has to caused by an app you've installed. I've never seen this behaviour on any of my galaxy devices, and definitely not on my S5. The music carries on playing no matter how or when I adjust the volume.
What music player are you using?
I am using the standard music player - Any ideas on how to find out what app is causing this?

Airax
Old
Thanks Meter 17
The only way is disable/uninstall all 3rd party apps one by one.
xtechx Old
(Last edited by xtechx; 14th June 2014 at 08:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Or get don't pause from the play store. There is a free and paid version.

Edit, I haven't experienced this issue on 9 galaxy phones but I also don't use the stock music player. My theory about the above app is because it automatically puts phone to vibrate it should circumvent this issue..

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

Gersel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtechx View Post
Or get don't pause from the play store. There is a free and paid version.

Edit, I haven't experienced this issue on 9 galaxy phones but I also don't use the stock music player. My theory about the above app is because it automatically puts phone to vibrate it should circumvent this issue..

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk
I have just tried with dont pause, and I still get the issue.

The issue is not related to the standard music player... It pauses no matter what media, or player I am using and no matter how I adjust the volume...

I guess I will have to factory reset and try installing apps one by one after that.. Unless there are any other suggestions?