How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

UX Design in Apps and ROMs w/ Kevin Bruckert – BABBQ2014

This year’s Big Android BBQ has come and gone. While the whole event was … more

[Q] how do i unlock screen LG G2 after its LCD is broken

OP breakendroid

6th January 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
my LG G2 is dropped on granite floor and it fell on its top left corner shattering the corner and breaking LCD. a notification came on the screen telling that the LCD is broken and all i can do is receive calls by pressing both arrow keys and shut down the alarm.

when it to my Mac via its USB, mac does not recognize the device as i had set up to ask for confirmation if it should mount the disk or just charge (i generally charge it on USB port in the car and computer). however, i cannot unlock it as i have set up lock screen pattern and the pattern crosses the breaks resulting in me being unable to unlock the screen.

i'm sure somebody else also should've gone thru this experience but have been successful retrieving pix and contacts before factory resetting to send it for replacement. can i get some help unlocking the screen in this situation to just get all my data out. thanks in advance.
20th January 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ft Laud, Florida
Thanks Meter: 34

306 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakendroid

my LG G2 is dropped on granite floor and it fell on its top left corner shattering the corner and breaking LCD. a notification came on the screen telling that the LCD is broken and all i can do is receive calls by pressing both arrow keys and shut down the alarm.

when it to my Mac via its USB, mac does not recognize the device as i had set up to ask for confirmation if it should mount the disk or just charge (i generally charge it on USB port in the car and computer). however, i cannot unlock it as i have set up lock screen pattern and the pattern crosses the breaks resulting in me being unable to unlock the screen.

i'm sure somebody else also should've gone thru this experience but have been successful retrieving pix and contacts before factory resetting to send it for replacement. can i get some help unlocking the screen in this situation to just get all my data out. thanks in advance.

Same here... Were you able to unlock and access data? Hard to believe there isn't a ADB command
20th January 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #3  
Flag Ft Laud, Florida
Thanks Meter: 34

306 posts
More
Smile
Simple fix! OTG cable and a mouse will unlock!
The Following User Says Thank You to cyberhern For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #4  

9 posts
LG G2 Screen Broken and unresponsive, Passcode on, Please Help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhern

Simple fix! OTG cable and a mouse will unlock!

Hi,

Saw you post, and have the same situation. I have an LG G2 with passcode on, and broken, unresponsive screen. Need to access to get pictures of my kids off. But, need more information. How does an OTG cable and mouse perform the unlock on my phone? How do you get a mouse with a Micro USB connection at the other end?

Thanks!
Last edited by cgedansk; 23rd June 2014 at 04:09 PM.
23rd June 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,489

2,538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgedansk

Hi,

Saw you post, and have the same situation. LG G2 with passcode on, and broken screen. Need to access to get pictures off. But, need more information. How does an OTG cable and mouse perform the unlock on my wife's phone? How do you get a mouse with a Micro USB connection at the other end?

Thanks!

an otg cable allows you to plug in usb devices like mouse/keyboard/pen drive to your phone
23rd June 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #6  

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

an otg cable allows you to plug in usb devices like mouse/keyboard/pen drive to your phone

Thank you for your quick reply. I understand the concept. But, most micro usb cables have a micro connection at one end and a standard connection at the other. Mice tend to me wireless OR hard-cabled. Are you saying I need a mouse with a removable micro usb cable?

Since I will likely have to buy a mouse that I don't actually need (I have plenty), please clarify... does plugging in the mouse to my phone automatically unlock it like a hard access key? Or do I have to use the scroll wheel to move around my screen?

Thank you again!
23rd June 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,489

2,538 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgedansk

Thank you for your quick reply. I understand the concept. But, most micro usb cables have a micro connection at one end and a standard connection at the other. Mice tend to me wireless OR hard-cabled. Are you saying I need a mouse with a removable micro usb cable?

Since I will likely have to buy a mouse that I don't actually need (I have plenty), please clarify... does plugging in the mouse to my phone automatically unlock it like a hard access key? Or do I have to use the scroll wheel to move around my screen?

Thank you again!

plugging in mouse allows you to control phone like in computer, you use a mouse on phone and can unlock it, open apps, text/etc

also wireless mouse work with it as long as it has a usb adapted then you can use it with otg(I have a wireless mouse and have used it before)

The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread